PayPal Pro

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84714 by John Willems
PayPal Pro was created by John Willems
I need some help. I need my subscribers to be able to cancel their reoccurring subscriptions. I use PayPal as the as the payment processor. The cancel feature was not being seen on the MP User Profile -My Subscriptions or Subscription History options.

In reading the documentation it seems for that feature to work I needed to purchase and install MP Paypal Pro plugin. I did that. I published PayPal Pro. It shows as the Payment option for the new Subscriber. However I have a couple of questions since I am not where I want to be.

1. The readme files says I need to set an IPN URL to a particular url. I cannot find this setting. Can someone direct me to the location?
2. I still cannot see a cancel option button for existing reoccurring payment subscribers they would have used the PayPal Standard plugin.How does that show?
3. I do not want to store credit card information of any type on my site. I see it is collected in the form and want to be sure its not being captured by me.

Thanks for helping me get this setup correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84720 by John Willems
Replied by John Willems on topic PayPal Pro Issues - update
I have found the IPN setting it is within the PayPal account. I was able to use the sandbox to test it so I believe that piece is sorted out.

The other questions remain plus I have one more. So I need to upgrade my PayPal Account from Standard to Pro in order for it to work with the PayPal Pro plugin?

More
7 years 9 months ago #84740 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PayPal Pro Issues - update
Hi John

There are some requirements to use PayPal Pro. I mentioned it via support ticket, please check your support ticket to see my detailed response

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #85042 by Troy
Replied by Troy on topic PayPal Pro Issues - update
Tuan,
I would love to see the answer to this as well. I'm just getting setup on PayPal Pro myself.
Thanks

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #85087 by John Willems
Replied by John Willems on topic PayPal Pro Issues - update
The short answer is if your test account is at the Business Pro level and you receive the message "DPRP is not enabled for this merchant" you will need to send a request to PayPal Tech Support.

With Tuan's help I was able to narrow the problem I was having to the PayPal side of things. After 5 days of waiting, bumping the request, etc., they enabled DPRP for this morning.

My initial quick test shows my subscribers are now able to create and cancel their subscriptions from with Membership Pro.

After I test a number of scenario's I still need to move the existing PayPal Standard account to a PayPal Pro. Hopefully, that is a simple phone call.

More
7 years 9 months ago #85096 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PayPal Pro Issues - update
Hi John
I remember one important thing. It seems PayPal won't allow recurring feature for new PayPal Pro account, so before signing up for their service, you need to ask and make sure you can use recurring payment

If I remember correctly, PayPal forces new customers to use PayFlow Pro instead of PayPal Pro

Tuan

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #85102 by John Willems
Replied by John Willems on topic PayPal Pro
Tuan

I don't have Payflow Payments they set me up as what is titled on the PayPal Manager as "Website Payments Pro". If that is the same or different I do not know.

More
7 years 9 months ago #85118 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PayPal Pro
Hi John

Yes. PayPal Pro payment plugin is for "Website Payments Pro". I just want you to ask PayPal and ask them that they allow you to use recurring payment if you switch to use "Website Payments Pro" as I have seen some customers reported that for their new PayPal account, PayPal refuses to enable recurring payment

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Willems

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #85217 by John Willems
Replied by John Willems on topic PayPal Pro
I am in the 24 hour wait period for upgrading my standard PayPal account to Pro. Once it is up I have to log in to enable the recurring payment. When I do that my PayPal account costs move from $0 to $40 per month. Its $30 for the Pro level and another $10 for the recurring payments.

Knowing what I do now I would have looked more closely at Stripe. I believe it is $10 cheaper but needs more study.

In addition to needing the Pro level account I needed to add an SSL certificate and a static IP. I was able to do both through my hosting provider. However that adds another $5 of monthly expense. So my monthly cost to process subscriptions and allowing the user to cancel whenever they want is $45 per month. That in addition to the standard transaction fees.

I want my customers to see that security padlock in the browser window (https://) so the $5 is money well spent for added security.

The easy and least expensive part is Membership Pro and the MP PayPal Pro plugin. It gets a bit more complicated and expensive as you go. All told it has taken me about a week to get this all sorted out, tested and in place.

I hope this information will help someone else.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by John Willems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc, Troy

More
7 years 9 months ago #85269 by Troy
Replied by Troy on topic PayPal Pro
Hey John,
It definitely gives us a leg up...thanks for posting!
-Troy