Delay assigning joomla groups

• Chris scott
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #85025 by Chris scott
Delay assigning joomla groups was created by Chris scott
Hello.
I have a community builder integration.
I have 2 subscriptions configured. One is a free one that does not go to any payment gateway. Other I use paypal to charge for a membership subscription. I have the joomla groups addon enabled. When someone signs up for the free subscription, all the configured groups are assigned in both Joomla and Community Builder. However, when someone signs up for a paid subscription, there is a delay in assigning them the proper groups. They are only assigned the Registered group. I noticed this when I was testing and took a break.. I signed a test user up using paypal(sandbox). Checked Joomla user and was just set to registered. Took a break for a few minutes. Came back and refreshed the list... Then, the users I signed up through paypal had the proper groups assigned. Am I missing a setting somewhere that delays this due to paypal? Also, the free membership logs directly into my community builder app when the subscription is completed, the paypal one does not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris scott
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #85027 by Chris scott
Replied by Chris scott on topic Delay assigning joomla groups
Ok. Not sure what I changed, but now it works like it should....

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #85056 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Delay assigning joomla groups
Hi Chris

I guess there was some delay from PayPal and it causes the error. Basically, when users complete payment at PayPal, PayPal needs to send an IPN message to inform Membership Pro about it so that Membership Pro can update status of record, assign subscribers into the group

If for some reasons, the IPN message delayed (might happens with PayPal sandbox, it is not so reliable), there will be delayed in processing like you said...

Tuan