Stripe vs PayPal Pro

• John Willems
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #85332 by John Willems
Stripe vs PayPal Pro was created by John Willems
I posted an earlier thread about using PayPal Pro. With some help I was able to get it to run on the PayPal sandbox. When i started to move my live site from standard to Pro I was told it was going to cost me $40 per month to handle Credit Cards for monthly subscriptions.

I went back to look at Stripe; MP also supports enhanced functionality for Stripe along with PayPal Pro via purchased payment plugins.

I have just now converted my credit card processing to Stripe.The account was easy to setup including connecting to bank accounts. There is no added monthly fee its the same per transaction cost as PayPal. In the end I have save my startup $40 per month. Not a great sum but at about $500 per year we can put it towards things like advertising, discounts, etc.

The MP Stripe payment plugin works like a dream, thanks Tuan! Do pay attention to the readme.txt file, it has some information about setting up the webhook in Stripe. Simple but it could be overlooked and become a source of frustration.

GIve Stripe a look, it does require SSL but if you are doing credit cards you will want that anyway. You can also offer PayPal Standard to handle PayPal Payments as well as Stripe for credit cards.

Its a journey and this is just another step along the way
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by John Willems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc, Jonathan Colls, Troy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.