Feature requests

More
7 years 7 months ago #87099 by VW
Feature requests was created by VW
It would be really useful to be able to remove users from a joomla group when they sign up, as well as being able to add them.
I put users into groups based on various behaviours, and taking them out of a group once they buy a plan would make marketing to them more streamlined.

I think it would be better to have a new plan default to unpublished when it is created. It takes time to set up a plan, and it's unlikely that you want to fill in everything before hitting save for the first time. I always hit save then have to hastily unpublish. Also if you use save as new it defaults to published even before you have made any changes.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #87152 by Roger Clarke
Replied by Roger Clarke on topic Feature requests
I'd like to +1 this request. I really need this feature for a site I am developing now where i need to display a marketing message to a lower level subscription to upgrade to a higher plan, but I can't have that message showing once the user has subscribed.

I also need the same feature to allow me to remove a user from an acymailing list when they subscribe to the higher plan ( to remove them from an email list of those users on the lower plan).

How can I achieve this?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Roger Clarke.

More
7 years 7 months ago #87158 by VW
Replied by VW on topic Feature requests
Hi Roger,
At present I am doing this, using a saved filter in Acymailing. It's a bit convoluted but works!
When they sign up to your higher plan, automatically put them into a group created for this purpose.
Make an acymailing filter, which removes users from a list if they are in that group. You can also remove from a group with acymailing. But it would be better to simplify this! I have difficulty remembering how the pieces fit together!

More
7 years 7 months ago #87160 by Roger Clarke
Replied by Roger Clarke on topic Feature requests
Thanks for that, really good suggestion, I hadn't thought of tackling it that way.
I think I've found out what I was doing wrong with Membership Pro though in that I was making a new subscription to the higher plan rather than doing an upgrade subscription. Taking the higher level subscription as an upgrade expires the lower level subscription and thereby actions the removal on expiry from the old mailing list as well as the joomla group, so all seems to work perfectly.