Multiple subscriptions of same plan?

More
6 years 5 months ago #105775 by c
Is there a way to allow a user to purchase multiple copies of the same subscription? What I am seeing now is when they buy one, it now shows as "renew". Since I am using membership pro as an ISP would I need my customers to be able to purchase the same plan multiple times, if needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #105781 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
Hi

Unfortunately, at the moment, Membership Pro doesn't support this option. When someone subscribes for the same plan for the second time, the system will treat it as renewal, not as new subscription

So if you really need this option, I am afraid of you will have to find a different extension to use and I will refund your Membership Pro purchase

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 5 months ago #105792 by c
Replied by c on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
Oh that's not good because Membership Pro can do everything I need it to do except that. I tried all the others already.

How much would it cost me to have you do this for me?

More
6 years 5 months ago #105894 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I would say that it is quite hard and will cost much time and money since we will have to re-think about the whole process and modify code in many different places

The price for the development, perhalf will be about 300$ or so, too expensive. This is something I will try to invest my time for future development, but right now, I still have other more important features I want to focus working on first. So I guess I won't have time to work on this kind of feature until the next two months

Tuan

More
6 years 5 months ago #105896 by c
Well let me know! I think it's a pretty important feature to have for people who aren't running social site memberships (like gym memberships, ISPs, etc).

More
6 years 5 months ago #105898 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So to be more clear, despite the high price for the custom development, you still want to go ahead?

Tuan

More
6 years 5 months ago #105901 by c
I really think it is in your best interest to offer this as part of the package. It's a little weird that you don't.

More
6 years 5 months ago #105902 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
As I said, this is something not how the way the extension is designed to work as normally, when users subscribe for the same plan again, they would want their subscription to be extended, not new subscription. If we create new subscription, it will cause their subscription duration lost

I can see your use-case and see that it is valid, too. And so far, in few years, I have few other customers need it (when they use Membership Pro as hosting providers)

So I will try to add support for it, but not right now as I have other important features I want to work on it first and as I said, adding support for it will change the way Membership Pro works, so I have to be very carefully so that it won't affect existing customers (it would be a new config option to enable this option, but being turned off by default)

If thing goes well, I can try to work on this option in the next 2 - 3 months. It will require so many changes to existing code base, so I will have to be careful with the implement, could not be rushed in this one

Hope you get my point

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 5 months ago #105903 by c
I appreciate your consideration with this request. I like the package and intent to use it for a long time.

More
6 years 4 months ago #107822 by GripMatix B.V.
Replied by GripMatix B.V. on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
I have the very same request. Are you already considering to implement this feature?