Tempoarily stop notification emails

• pabirds
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #105829 by pabirds
Tempoarily stop notification emails was created by pabirds
I am switching to Membership Pro and have imported a user list from my previous program.

When I try to update various fields in the user database, Membership Pro is sending change notifications to the users -- which is confusing the heck out of them and creating unnecessary email traffic that I have to respond to.

How can I temporarily turn these notifications off until I have finished all of my edits, etc.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #105831 by Stephen
Replied by Stephen on topic Tempoarily stop notification emails
Hi
You can try this:
In backend, go to System -> Global Configuration, then go to tab "Server" and under the emailsettings set "Send emails" to No.
When your done with your work, set the email setting back to "Yes"

Hopfully this will stop all those emails temporarily.

Note: I'm just a ordinary user and not involved in any way with the OSsolution staff.

Regards
Stephen

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

More
6 years 5 months ago #105849 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Tempoarily stop notification emails
The solution suggested by Stephen should work. There is another way, go to Membership Pro -> Emails & Messages, find the subject of the email message which will be sent (I think it is Subscription approved subject), empty it, then that email won't be sent anymore

Basically, in Membership Pro, you can disable any email from being sent by empty the email subject

One it is done, you can restore that subject which you removed

Tuan

More
6 years 5 months ago #106014 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Tempoarily stop notification emails
This would be great in a future version, if at the side of each subject type in the raft of email & messages, if rather than removing the actual message(s), toggle button(s) can be introduced and whilst the msgs actually stay in situ, they are simply disabled by the toggle and thus don't get sent, until such a time you want to toggle back to said message being re-enabled.

By not actually manually removing them and especially when you may have many plans etc, it would mean not having to cut/copy & paste the email & messages back and forth... there would be nothing worse, than crafting especially awesome looking html style messages, then lose the code during the process.

Just a thought for the future.

More
6 years 5 months ago #106024 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for suggestion @PhoenixUK. That is easy to implement and I can consider adding support for it in next release

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Crossan, PhoenixUK

More
5 years 10 months ago #114625 by Christina
Replied by Christina on topic Tempoarily stop notification emails
Is it possible to turn off notifications for specific events? I have had to manually add registrants to an event who were collected outside the component but when I added them to the event they got notified and confused.

More
5 years 10 months ago #114637 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Christina

Unfortunately, we don't support this option. You can edit code to disable send email when adding new registrants from administrator area of your site

1. Open the file administrator/components/com_eventbooking/model/common/registrant.php

2. Find these lines of code and remove it (line 376 to 380 in latest version)

if ($row->number_registrants == 1)
{
EventbookingHelper::loadLanguage();
EventbookingHelper::sendEmails($row, $config);
}

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christina