How to login users that have bought a subscription

• Cosmin Circu
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113205 by Cosmin Circu
Hi there guys

I`m totally new to Membership Pro. There is something that does not add up: how do I create a module with a login form for when the user revisits my website? I`ve been looking around but I can not see an obvious option. If I try to create a new menu for this, I only have the option of the Joomla Login module.

My objective is to let the user use the email address for the username.

How can I achieve the above?

Kind regards,
Cosmin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113216 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to login users that have bought a subscription
Hi Cosmin

Membership Pro doesn't come with it out login module. So you will just need to use Joomla core login module (or login menu option) to allow users to login

Regards,

Tuan

• Cosmin Circu
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113237 by Cosmin Circu
Replied by Cosmin Circu on topic How to login users that have bought a subscription
Hi Tuan,

Thank you for your reply.

The next question that comes to my mind is: how to integrate the data collected at subscription ( creating account ) time to the login module? I hope that makes sense to you.

I`ve read the documentation about custom fields and looked in the custom fields the component comes with, by default. There is no custom field for "username" ... ( presuming that I would want to use default Joomla setup for the login form ). In the back end, in the Configuration area there are the options for: "Registration Integration", "Show forgot username/password options", "Use email as username" and that is why I thought the integration comes out of the box.

I hope I`m not confusing you. I am quite confused myself but want to understand how things come together.

Kind regards
Cosmin

More
5 years 11 months ago #113252 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to login users that have bought a subscription
Hi Cosmin

The main question is how you want it to be integrated? When users register via Membership Pro, they can just use the username and password they entered on subscription form in Membership Pro to enter on login form to login

It will just work like that. Not sure what you do you need?

Tuan

• Cosmin Circu
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #113271 by Cosmin Circu
Replied by Cosmin Circu on topic How to login users that have bought a subscription
Hi Tuan

To make it simple: I want users to login after subscribing with "username" and "password". How can that be done?

What you say makes sence. But, from what I`ve seen, there is no custom field for "username" in the registration form. Do I have to create a new custom field for "username"? What are it`s parametres?

Kind regards
Cosmin
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Cosmin Circu.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113274 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Cosmin

Maybe it's because you turned off this option in Membership Pro. Go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, set Registration Integration config option to Yes. Also, set Use email as username config option to No, too

Then try to subscribe again. You will see option to enter username and password on subscription form of Membership Pro to register for an account and later, you can use that username and password to login

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cosmin Circu

• Cosmin Circu
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113288 by Cosmin Circu
Thank you Tuan

That worked ok. I`ll just do some testing now.

Kind regards
Cosmin

More
5 years 11 months ago #113315 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Cosmin. Please continue setting up the extension. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Regards,

Tuan