JA GDPR Component

• sarrene
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #114582 by sarrene
JA GDPR Component was created by sarrene
Good evening/Morning,
I was wondering if it were possible to work on a plugin for the JA GDPR component for the Membership Pro and EShop components? I did put in a request there as well, though I thought I would ask here as well.

www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-joomla-gdpr-extension

Thank you kindly,
Sarr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114599 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic JA GDPR Component
Hi Sarr

As of right now, we don't have plan for developing plugin for JA GDPR extension. Since Joomla will soon have a GDPR solution in core in next version 3.9.0 (see github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/20800 ) , I think we will focus support this Joomla core solution instead

So if you use JA GDPR, I guess you should wait them to add support for it (hopefully soon).

We will also monitor requests from customers. If there are more customers prefer to use JA GDPR than the solution provided by Joomla core, we will try to add support for it, too

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 10 months ago #114601 by David Fletcher
Replied by David Fletcher on topic JA GDPR Component
Tuan

Please consider how to transfer data into the data base and display the GDPR fields in data exports.
I am preparing the transfer from CB, and there is no clear way to import the exisiting data. I am facing having to manually enter this one record at a time.
Then the ongoing chase up of GDPR permissions requires making lists so we will need a sortable field or a field in the export lists to find out who has not agreed.

Please bear in mind

David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114609 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic JA GDPR Component
Hi David

About importing issue, you will need to find out a way to export data from CB into CSV file, then use the import subscribers feature in Membership Pro to run the import, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/subscr...t/import-subscribers

Tuan