• bindCommerce
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #116901 by bindCommerce
Prorated Upgrade was created by bindCommerce
I have
Subscription Standard - 1 month - € 29,00
Subscription Gold - 1 month - € 39,00
I add an upgrade option for € 10,00 (the full price difference)

My customer bought Subscription Standard on 20/08/2018 (dd/mm/YYYY) and this expired on 20/09/2018
On 29/08/2018 my customer wants an upgrade from Standard to Gold

If my upgrade prorated is "No" the upgrade cost is € 10,00 and the new expired date is 28/09/2018 (+ 1 compared of today)
If my upgrade prorated is "By time" the upgrade cost is € 10,00 and the new expired date is 21/10/2018 (+ 1 compared of original date)
If my upgrade prorated is "By price" the upgrade cost is € -11,27 and the new expired date is 28/09/2018 (+ 1 compared of today. Why negative price? what is this?)
If my upgrade prorated is "Keep duration" the upgrade cost is € 10,00 and the new expired date is 20/09/2018 (original expired date)

Are there some possibility to maintain the original expired date and calc the prorate (cost of renewal in proportion to the days until expiry)?

In my example:

20/09/2018 - 29/08/2018 = 22 days

Price of upgrade = € 10,00 x 22 / 30 = € 7,33

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116948 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Prorated Upgrade
Hello

1. When you use By Price option, the system will calculate the money left from previous subscription. You paid 29€, but only used the subscription for 9 days, so the money left from previous subscription is about 21,27€.

The price you have to pay is 10 - 21,27 and it returns the negative amount. So in case you use By Price, you should keep the price of upgrade option to 39,00€ instead of just 10. Hope it explains how By Price option works

2. We don't support that option at the moment. But I will try to think about it and hopefully, adding support for it in next release. Look like it would be an useful option

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: bindCommerce

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116999 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

This option was added to version 2.15.0. Could you please update and check to see whether it's working as expected:

1. Set Prorated setting of the upgrade rule to Keep duration, price prorated
2. The price of the upgrade rule to 10 (the full price of the upgrade, assume the users upgrade immediately after he subscribe for the first plan)

By doing that, when users upgrade price will be calculated as you described. Hopefully, it works as you need

Tuan

• bindCommerce
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #117008 by bindCommerce
Replied by bindCommerce on topic Prorated Upgrade
Thank you for the new option. I tested and there are some problems:
1) on the upgrade page options the calc is ok! (€ 6,67)
2) when I choose my upgrade plan and I go on the page when I can choose the options and the payment method, the price give back to original full upgrade price (€ 10,00 each 1 month), and also the options prices (of custom fields) are all full.

And how does the recurring payment (PayPal or Stripe) work after the update?
Is it automatically updated to the new recurring price while the difference is paid?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #117028 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

1=> That's strange. It's working fine here for me. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and tell us what we need to do to see that error so that I can check it?

2=> Honestly, upgrade from one recurring plan to another recurring plan might not work properly. The reason is because for PayPal, the system could not cancel the original recurring subscription (PayPal doesn't have an API to allow us to do that), and users will end up with two recurring subscriptions at the same time

So for now, upgrade is only reliable for one time subscription

Tuan

• bindCommerce
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #117051 by bindCommerce
1=> I understand myself: the price is fine on every steps if "Recurring subscription = No".

2=> And with Stripe works fine?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #117057 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

1=> Thanks. I didn't think about recurring subscription case. Will check it to see if we can make it works with recurring, too (should be possible)

2=> Yes, should work fine with Stripe since Stripe has API to allow us to cancelling recurring subscription from within your site

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: bindCommerce

• bindCommerce
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119397 by bindCommerce
Hi,

is there any news about the function I was wondering about above?
I checked the last changelog but I did not see anything like that, and even testing the component at the last update I did not notice any changes to the calculation of the upgrade cost.

Are there some possibility to maintain the original expired date and calc the prorate (cost of renewal in proportion to the days until expiry)?

In my example:

20/09/2018 - 29/08/2018 = 22 days

Price of upgrade = € 10,00 x 22 / 30 = € 7,33

For our current needs it would be very useful if the component could work as described above.

I would also like to know if when a subscription upgrade is performed, before the expected expiration date, it is possible
- cancel the previous subscription
- activate the new subscription
- from the next renewal you automatically consider the cost of the new subscription and not the previous one

In consideration of these requests we would like to make a contribution, perhaps buying more years of subscription in advance, would it be possible?

Thank you

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #120020 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

You can update your site to latest version 2.16.1, then set Prorated of the upgrade option to Keep duration, price prorated from upgrade plan and it should work as expected. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...ro-rated-explanation for detailed explanation of all upgrade prorated options

Tuan

• bindCommerce
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #120127 by bindCommerce
Hi

we ran tests using the new feature provided for the update, Keep duration, price prorated from upgrade plan.
Unfortunately we realized that there are inconsistencies with the upgrade price.

EXAMPLE
Upgrade subscription from 29 euro plan for 30 days to 39 euro plan for 30 days.
There are 5 days left until the old plan expires.
From the subscription selection screen it indicates that I will have to pay 2 Euros for the upgrade. Actually I should pay about 6.5 euros.

Then when I proceed to the payment of the update, it shows me cost = 10 Euro, as if I had to pay the whole difference between the cost of my current subscription and that of the new subscription

How can we solve this problem?
Thanks