Always charge same price including tax - illegal/essential EU-feature

• PaloMa
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #119183 by PaloMa
Hi,

I am having a problem while setting up my prices.
Since I'm from europe I used the EU-tax rule tool successfully. Then I configured my subscription plan.

This is what I want to do:

I want to sell to all customers with the same end-price. The end price is the price including tax (total amount).

Now I have customers from all of europe with different tax-rates:
1) In my home country I pay 0% tax
2) In EU-countries I pay the tax rate of the country (for example 20%)
3) In all other countries (non-EU countries), such as Switzerland or USA, I pay 0% tax

For example I want all customers to pay 14,99€ including tax.
However, when I set up the price of the recurring subscription to 14.99€ per month there are the following end prices:

1) My country's price is 14.99€
2) EU-countries are 17.99€ (with a country with 20% VAT)
3) Non-EU countries are 14.99€

Expected result: Here I want 2) to also be 14.99€

This is an essential feature for me. In the EU it is illegal to charge different prices for different EU-countries (discrimination).

Thank you in advance
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by PaloMa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #119206 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Paola

Honestly, At the moment, Membership Pro could not be configured to work like that. So if this is a essential requirement for you, I am afraid of you will need to find a different extension to use and we will refund the money of your purchase

Regards,

Tuan

• PaloMa
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #119628 by PaloMa
Hi Tuan,

thank you for your answer.

We are already using OSM productively. And we have chosen your extension because its simply a great product. So switching to another extension is not an option in the short term.

However, this is a problem for every of your customers inside the european union. It is simply illegal to charge different prices for different EU countries.

You can read this information from the European commision about price discrimination:
europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/...ayments/index_en.htm

And because the VAT tax rates differ beween country, the way OSM is currently calculating prices is not in conformance with EU-law.

Because of this, your EU-customers will have to
a) set all taxrates to 0%
b) do all of their invoicing manually.

So this makes the EU-tax and the invoicing features useless for every of your EU-customers.

I have seen many people on this forum from Germany, Italy, France and Britain. So the EU is a substancial part of your customers. Which is also why you added the EU-tax feature. So this problem concerns very many of your customers.

Can you please add an option "calculate price" which switches between the two calculation methods
1) price excludes tax (current standard)
2) price includes tax (new EU-option)

Many thanks
PaloMa
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by PaloMa.