Recurring Subscriptions, Renew Options and Reminders

• Paul Adams
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119420 by Paul Adams
Hi,

I have just added recurring subscriptions for all payments. I also have a renew and expiration reminder emails enabled for my subscribers from before who aren't on recurring subscriptions.
How do these two options work together?
Would members on recurring subscriptions see a renew option?
Also, would members on recurring subscriptions receive reminders when the subscription is ending?

Thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #119421 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Subscriptions, Renew Options and Reminders
Hi Paul

1. If you enable reminders for your plan, then Yes, the system will still send reminder to your subscribers before their current subscription expired

2. For recurring subscriptions, subscribers will only see and allowed to renew the subscription after his current subscription expired. If his current subscription still active, the system will prevent renew because the renewal supposes to happen automatically

I wonder how you added recurring subscriptions? For recurring subscriptions, users need to subscribe for the subscription plan themself from frontend so that the recurring payment will be registered with payment gateway

If you add the subscriptions yourself, there will be no recurring payments registered with payment gateway, so renewal won't happen automatically

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.