3 Month Charge and then Monthly Recurring

• Wesley Faries
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #119887 by Wesley Faries
3 Month Charge and then Monthly Recurring was created by Wesley Faries
Hello. My client has a $100/month monthly subscription plan with a 3 month commitment and then monthly recurring after that. Is it possible to have a membership plan where a new member is charged $300 for 3 months when registering, isn't charged for months 2 and 3, and then starting with the 4th month they are charged each month thereafter.

I was thinking of maybe using the trial settings, set the Trial amount to $300 for 3 months, 1 payment, and then $100/month thereafter, but didn't know if that was the correct route or if there was a better way.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #119890 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 3 Month Charge and then Monthly Recurring
Hello

The settings you are talking about is correct, except that you should not set Number Payments to 1. Just leave Number Payment empty and it will work as expected

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wesley Faries

• Wesley Faries
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #119921 by Wesley Faries
Replied by Wesley Faries on topic 3 Month Charge and then Monthly Recurring
Thank you Tuan. My client is wanting to add two more monthly subscription plans (Plan 1 @ $100, Plan 2 @ $200, Plan 3 @ $300). A subscriber can subscribe to any Plan in the beginning, or subscribe to a lesser Plan and upgrade later to a higher plan. Each plan is a monthly subscription, just Plan 2 and Plan 3 offer more site features. And all three plans have the 3 month trial.

If a member subscribes to Plan 1 (with a 3 month trial) in the beginning, and then later the subscriber upgrades to Plan 3, that also has a 3 month trial, is the trial of Plan 3 ignored and it just continues the subscriber's monthly subscription, just now at Plan 3's monthly cost?

Thanks again!

More
5 years 4 months ago #119923 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Unfortunately, it does not work like that. If they upgrade to another plan, the trial of the new plan will still be active. So unfortunately, they will still get trial duration for the upgraded plan

Tuan

• Wesley Faries
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #119930 by Wesley Faries
Replied by Wesley Faries on topic 3 Month Charge and then Monthly Recurring
Ah ok, makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, I'll ask it over with my client. I just noticed as well that the Square payment plugin doesn't do recurring, which is the plugin they are using, I'll discuss that with them as well.

Thank you again.

More
5 years 4 months ago #119943 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Wesley. In case they need recurring subscriptions feature, they need to use one of the following payment plugins:

- PayPal
- PayPal Pro
- Authorize.net
- Stripe
- Mollie

All other payment plugins only support one time subscription at the moment

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wesley Faries