Found a huge bug in auto-renewing memberships using Authorize.net

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #120089 by Eric vanBok
My website is having a major bug with auto-renewing memberships through Authorize.net.

What is happening is this, the auto-renew does get kicked off and processed by Authorize.net, but the record in Membership Pro is getting created wrong.

The subscription record in Membership Pro is always created with the user information with the profile_id of 1. So the new subscription always is tied to the user with that profile ID and with the membership plan that the user with a profile_id of 1 had.

This means that auto-renewing memberships for the real users are expiring, even though we have collected their money.

I have looked in the database and found all of the records that are an issue. All of them are new records (since we have "Subscription renewal behavior" set to "Create new subscription"). They all have a profile_id of 1 and are tied to the user account for that user, and contain the user details of that user. They are all of the membership plan of that user's initial subscription as well. Also, we have the setting "Synchronize Data" set to No so there should be no synchronizing of profile data at all between subscriptions.

I have gone through all of the transaction IDs in the records that are issues and searched in Authorize.net and found that each transaction is for a different user, and each of those users that has an auto-renewing membership.

So it looks like when Authorize.net reaches out to the website the website is creating a subscription record for the renewal, but it is getting linked to the wrong user.

What more information can I give you to help fix this issue?

Joomla 3.9.1
Membership Pro 2.16.1
PHP 7.1.24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #120105 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Eric

In this case, look like there is something wrong with records data as you described somehow. Please submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account of your site

2. Tell us ID of some renewed subscription records which are having the issue

We are going to check to see what's wrong and get it corrected

Tuan

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #120129 by Eric vanBok
I have submitted a ticket on this issue with all the information you need to look at the issue first hand.

More
5 years 4 months ago #120151 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Eric. Got your ticket. Will check and update you with the result via ticket

Tuan