Import Users from AcyMailing

• Barry Palmer
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #122050 by Barry Palmer
Import Users from AcyMailing was created by Barry Palmer
Recently purchased Membership Pro to add to our site which uses Event Booking & AcyMailing.

we have 300 users registered with some extra fields in AcyMailing.

I have created identical extra fields in Membership Pro with aim of exporting from AcyMailing & importing to Membership Pro. Problem is - AcyMailing exports UserID and NOT username as required by Membership Pro. Can this be changed?

If not I will have to import user data from Joomla Core & get users to re-enter data into Membership Pro Profile.

How do I import Joomla Registered users into Membership Pro? You indicated that there was a tool for this but I cannot seem to find it.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Barry Palmer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #122065 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Import Users from AcyMailing
Hello Barry

1. I just updated code of the extension to support user_id column. Please access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest package, upgrade it to your site. You can now use user_id column and it will work well (no need for username and password columns)

2. If you want to import Joomla! user into Membership Pro, you can login to administrator area of your site, then access to this URL:

domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...OF_THE_PLAN_YOU_WANT

- domain.com/administrator must be replaced with administrator URL of your site
- ID_OF_THE_PLAN_YOU_WANT is the ID of the subscription plan you want to import users to

Please try one of the two options above and let us know if you have any other questions

Regards,

Tuan

• Barry Palmer
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #122071 by Barry Palmer
Replied by Barry Palmer on topic Import Users from AcyMailing
Thanks for your quick response. I did use SQL to get username instead of userid but your improvement is better (no password).

Have tried with new download but still get '0 subscriber added'.

Should I have included the fields amount, gross amount, transaction id etc. ??
I'm importing to a FREE subscription Plan.
And what is the field 'membership ID' ??

I attach the CSV file in case I have missed something.

More thoughts:
Adding a single subscriber I have found that I CANNOT replace First_Name & Last_Name by a single field Name. I tried unpublishing first & last but still failed to add new subscriber. Only succeeded by deleting osm_name and re-publishing first & last.
Tried modifying CSV file to include first & last (even though I only have Fullnames) but still get '0 subscribers added'.

Final tests for the weekend: Method 2 works well! Just would like to copy AcyMailing extra fields to Membership Pro extra fields .
May have to resort to PHPMyAdmin & SQL.

Regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Barry Palmer. Reason: Further thoughts

More
5 years 2 months ago #122084 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Import Users from AcyMailing
Hi

There are few things wrong:

1. userid needs to be user_id

2. You should separate the column osm_name data into two columns first_name last_name as required by Membership Pro (or change that column to first_name)

3. You need to add a new column called plan . That column contains id or title of the plan which subscriber will be imported to

Please change the data as state above, then try again. It should work fine

Regards,

Tuan