Maybe it's too OLD... Grace period for members (ID: 61608)

• Vincenzo
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #123176 by Vincenzo
Hi Dear

I added a comment here: www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...iod-for-members.html

but I don't know if it's too old and you don't have notification about that.

I repeat here what's in the last post:

I write here on the behavior of grace period.

I understand that, for example, the subscription remain in Active state in the grace period.

But what about...

1. Email sent to the user? The reminder email or Email after subscription ended when are they sent?

2. What about Joomla Permission? If I have Plan A that put user in UserType A at the start, and remove from UserTypeA the user when the Plan A ends, the user remain in UserType A for a period equivalent to grace period?

3. Acymailing list? Same as 2. If the Plan A add user to ListTypeA (and remove them at the end), the user remain in ListTypeA until Plan + Grace period expired?

The questions, in synthesis: grace period is only for a "formality" (the subscription has expired effectively, but the state remain "Active"), or add effectively time to the subscription?

Very thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #123179 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Vincenzo

First of all, this is not a Pre-sales question, so please don't post this kind of question on this Pre-sales question forum in the future. Below are the answers to your questions:

1. The email will still be sent as usual. Grace period does not have any effect here

2 and 3: Users permission/mailing lists will still be kept during the grace period. Users will still have same permission as if they are active subscribers (even the actual subscription was expired). Their permission/mailing lists will only be removed after their subscription expired and the grace period finished

Hope it helps answering your questions

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincenzo

• Vincenzo
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #123191 by Vincenzo
Yes, it helps!
Very thanks for your help
(sorry for my error to post in Pre-Sales!)

More
5 years 1 month ago #123207 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Happy to hear that

Tuan