username=email-address not updated

More
4 years 10 months ago #125971 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic username=email-address not updated
Right now, we only handle that when user update his profile from frontend. We will try to implement it for backend editing in the future

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric de Waal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eric de Waal
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125972 by Eric de Waal
Replied by Eric de Waal on topic username=email-address not updated
Hi again Tuan

That would be fantastic. Thanks again!

Eric

More
4 years 10 months ago #125983 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You're welcome. Have a nice weekend Eric

Tuan

More
4 years 2 months ago #131727 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic username=email-address not updated
It's been a while since I've had to delve into MP configuration so struggling a bit with this.

I have acymailing Enterprise 5.10.4 with MP 2.17.2. I updated a user's email address in MP a few weeks ago and also updated his email address in the joomla user page (and I've checked both have changed correctly) but just noticed the email address in acymailing hasn't changed. I do have "Change Username" in the Joomla settings set to No. I have checked that the acymailing plugin is published.

Is this what Eric and Tuan are referring to when they say it can only be updated in the frontend and not the backend? But when I try that and change the email address in the frontend, it tells me it's changed in my profile but I can't even see the email change in the backend!

What am I missing?

More
4 years 2 months ago #131741 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alan

When you change email of users via Membership Pro or via Joomla core, Membership Pro won't update his email in ACYMailing

You should try to update his email via Joomla user management and maybe it will be updated to ACYMailing (I think ACYMailing code should support it, if not, contact them and ask them to see if they support the behavior)

That part should be handled by ACYMailing, not by Membership Pro

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Henness

More
4 years 2 months ago #131778 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic username=email-address not updated
Ah. acymailing solved it. I had not published the AcyMailing : (auto)Subscribe during Joomla registration plugin. Publishing that and forcing an update resolved the problem. In case it's of use to others, here's what I was told by acymailing's support:

Please make sure the plugin "auto-subscribe during Joomla registration" is enabled. This plugin will take care of the synchronisation.

Make sure that the new e-mail address does not exists as an other AcyMailing subscriber otherwise Acy may not be able to update it on its main profile

Once done, please go on the Acy import screen and import your Joomla Users to trigger a synchronisation. You should now see the right e-mail address on his profile...

Also, the user may have to log out and then log in again to reset his user session otherwise the session values will still contain the old values.

Another related MP question though...

If I update a user's email address in the Subscription Manager: Edit Subscription screen, I still have to then update the joomla user to the new email for the Login name (the email address field has already updated). Is there a way to get it to automatically update the joomla user login name?

More
4 years 2 months ago #131779 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alan

It's not possible now. However, I will review and support for this option in next release of the extension

It makes sense to update Joomla user email when email is updated in Membership Pro (or at least there should be an option to allow doing that)

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Henness