Free subscription lifetime and Subscription Stored Script

• Nina Mårtensson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #129161 by Nina Mårtensson
If I choose lifetime the "Subscription Stored Script" only runs once, right?

If I want a free plan that renews to a new subscription (same plan) automatically and runs the "Subscription Stored Script" how would I do that? Like a free auto renewal. I might be thinking wrong about this all together, but I hope you understand what I'm after.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #129173 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Nina

I don't understand why you need that option but it's not possible. Automatic renewal is only available for paid subscription plans only

Tuan

• Nina Mårtensson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #129177 by Nina Mårtensson
Replied by Nina Mårtensson on topic Free subscription lifetime and Subscription Stored Script
Ok, I'll have to think of another way to deal with it. Thanks.

More
4 years 6 months ago #129179 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Nina. Hope you will come up with a solution

Tuan

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #164820 by nate covington
I have a need for this, too.  I've got a bunch of plans that are paid via Stripe, but some clients want to be invoiced.  I'm hoping to put all of my "invoiced" clients into membership pro so it includes them with the stripe ones. 

So I need a way to basically put a "free" option together that renews automatically in Membership Pro.  if I create a coupon that applies 100% discount it just ends up with a "lifetime" membership that won't renew with the others. 

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #164836 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Nate

Set Apply For setting of the coupon to Only First Payment instead of All Payments should address your issue

Tuan

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #164840 by nate covington
Wouldn't that only make the first month go through automatically? For now it seems like my best approach is to allow the lifetime coupon, I see it creates this as the expiration date as "lifetime"

2099-12-31 23:59:59

Then I am creating a custom dashboard that combines the "regular" stripe renewals along with custom logic to handle the 2099 dates.

And while I'm thinking about it, with the 2099 date thing, it's that pretty much the Y2k bug all over again?
:-)

Maybe go with 2999 instead?

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #164841 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hmm

To be honest, I don't understand your last renewal. Regarding 2999 , I'm unsure if PHP/MYSQL can handle that large year :). 2099 should be enough already

Tuan