Limit number of subscriptions a user can purchase?

• Alex King
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160360 by Alex King
Hi Tuan

I'm using the extension to provide paid membership subscriptions for an community organisation.  Is it possible to limit / restrict the number of memberships a person can purchase? 
From the membership options available I want the user to only be able to sign up to one at a time. 

Many thanks!
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160364 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Limit number of subscriptions a user can purchase?
Hi Alex

So you want that if someone subscribes for plan A, they won't be allowed to subscribe to other plans B, C... anymore ?

Is he allowed to renew his subscription ?

Tuan

• Alex King
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160366 by Alex King
Hi Tuan
Thanks for getting back to me.
Yes that's correct. So they won't be able to purchase another subscription whilst they're linked to an active subscription - but they can renew their current plan should they wish, or, after expiration, select another.
At present I have several membership plans available, e.g. student 1 year, professional 1yr, professional 2yr, but I'd like the user to only be subscribed to one plan at a time.

Many thanks
Alex

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160371 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Limit number of subscriptions a user can purchase?
Hi Alex

Please use this setup:

1. Create a Membership Category, set Exclusive Plans setting of the plan to Yes

2. Then assign these plans to that category

By doing that, subscribers can only subscribe to one of the plans from that category

Regards,

Tuan