JomSocial multiple profile types

• Tom Skipton
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #161768 by Tom Skipton
JomSocial multiple profile types was created by Tom Skipton
Is there a way within Membership Pro to select the JomSocial profile type to display / update the correct custom fields?   The profile type is not a field it's self, but depending on the type you can create multiple custom fields.   Can there be logic added to the profile menu for this purpose? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #161769 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic JomSocial multiple profile types
Hi Tom

Honestly, I haven't looked at JomSocial for long time and do not have plan to improve the integration in near future. So for this kind of integration, if you need it, I'm afraid of you will need to find someone to develop the feature/integration for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Tom Skipton
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161780 by Tom Skipton
Replied by Tom Skipton on topic JomSocial multiple profile types
Thank you for your reply.  Can you tell me where I find the link to Subscriber Actions?  Rather than calling the User Profile menu option directly, maybe I can front end that with an option to select a profile type, and have multiple User Profile options based on the profile type? 

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161793 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
To be honest, I don't really understand exactly what you are trying to do. Could you please explain more details about your idea ?

Tuan

• Tom Skipton
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161799 by Tom Skipton
Under Subscriber Actions there is a recommendation to set up a menu item that loads the User Profile. I think this uses the Membership Pro View module. I'm wondering if there is a way front end that with some logic that will either pull the profile type from JomSocial, or in the case of a new profile allow the user to select the profile type and then load the appropriate fields for that profile.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161802 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
There is not a way to allow that, unfortunately. Maybe you can create custom field to allow users to choose the profile type they want when they subscribe for your plan ?

Tuan

• Tom Skipton
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161810 by Tom Skipton
Yea, I tried that. Unfortunately Profile Type is not a profile field in the JomSocial profile. There is a form that list the profile types, and allows you to select the profile type after you log in when you edit the profile. I'm hoping there is a get and set method that I can leverage for that use. I have a support request with JomSocial to see if they can help. Maybe I can embed some code in the subscription complete message that will display the form? Just a thought. Thanks for your help.