Changing subscription expiry date for all members

• Pandani
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #162697 by Pandani
Our club has all subscriptions due at the same time (December 31st). The Committee wishes to change this to March 31st.

I changed the Expired date in the paid Plans, but when 30 day reminders started going out on December 1st I discovered that the date change only applied to new Memberships.

Is it possible to change the expiry date for all members or do we have to do this for each one individually? It has been suggested that the database could be edited using SQL (if we knew what field to edit). But as I do not understand how it works this seems risky. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #162699 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Changing subscription expiry date for all members
Hi

You should be able to make the change by updating data in #__osmembership_subscribers table, change data of two fields below to the date you want :

- to_date
- plan_subscription_to_date

Regards,

Tuan

• Pandani
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #162765 by Pandani
Thanks for that information. As a newcomer to SQL I am testing this on a backup copy of the database. Just wondering which of the two fields:
- to_date
- plan_subscription_to_date
are actually used to trigger the reminders?

Also I used 'Disable Reminders' for everyone in the Subscription Manager while I sort this, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the Manager to re-enable reminders. How can I do this once the dates are fixed?

Thanks for your help with this.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #162769 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Changing subscription expiry date for all members
Hello

The field to_date is used to handle reminder. Not sure why you want to disable reminder here?

If you don't want the system to send reminder, just disable plugin System - Membership Pro Reminder

Regards,

Tuan

• Pandani
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #162831 by Pandani
I didn't know about that! However I had already selected all users and clicked the Disable Reminders button. How do I undo that? System - Membership Pro Reminder is still enabled.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #162833 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I just added some code to handle this. You can :

1. Make a backup of #__osmembership_subscribers table (just to be safe)

2. Access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package of Membership Pro, upgrade it to your site

3. Then access to this URL

domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...ool.enable_reminders

(Replace domain.com/administrator by administrator URL of your site)

Then the system will re-enable reminders for all records which reminders were not sent before yet

Regards,

Tuan