Add Password Instructions to Registration Form

• Mary Furr
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #162741 by Mary Furr
Some of my users are not able to set a strong password easily.

1. The need a line of text to explain the password requirements (e. g., at least 15 chars, 1 symbol, 1 number, 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase)
2. They need error messages that make sense to them. For example, COM_USERS_NOT_ENOUGH_SYMBOLS isn't clear to them.
3. Where can I try to make the registration from  more user friendly?

Also, how do I set an asterisk by the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service lines to indicate that they are required?

There was some frustration that they didn't know something was wrong until they hit the Process Subscription button, and then they had to go back and re-enter data.

Thank you,

Mary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #162745 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Add Password Instructions to Registration Form
Hi Mary

1. Where that requirement should be displayed ?

2. The system should display clear message, not a language item like this COM_USERS_NOT_ENOUGH_SYMBOLS unless there is something special on your site (for example, language file is broken)

3. Not sure how you want to change it? Please send me link to the page so that I can tell you the file

Regards,

Tuan

• Mary Furr
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #162762 by Mary Furr
Replied by Mary Furr on topic Add Password Instructions to Registration Form
Thank you for your prompt response, Tuan.

1. Need to add strong password instructions near the Password and Password confirmation fields.

2. Please see attached screenshot that shows the Password error message that I would like to change.

3. Link to a subscription plan form .

4. Also, need asterisks to indicate required fields and better messaging for Payment and Privacy Policy and Terms of Service acceptance check boxes. (Please see attachment.) Some of my users don't understand that to pay by credit card, they need to check the PayPal box. My audience includes seniors who need a bit more help.
Attachments:

• Mary Furr
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #162890 by Mary Furr
Replied by Mary Furr on topic Add Password Instructions to Registration Form
Tuan, I really do need some help with this. My users need more instructions on the registration form.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #162891 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Add Password Instructions to Registration Form
Hi Mary

For this, I might have to make some modification to subscription form on your site. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us link to this page and super user account of the site so that I can make the necessary changes ?

Tuan