Issues with Authorize.net?

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 day ago #163112 by Eric vanBok
Issues with Authorize.net? was created by Eric vanBok
Hello.  I am just coming back from vacation and working on some issues that people have reported during my time away.  I have multiple reports of people not able to complete the payment for a membership.  They are getting errors like this:

The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:address' element is invalid - The value 'I have removed the value shown here as it contained name and address information' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The actual length is greater than the MaxLength value.

I searched the internet for the string "'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:address' element is invalid" and found several posts about it on a support forum for Authorize.net.  They all said the same thing, that "the maximum length for merchantCustomerId is 20 characters".

Has there been any changes in the Authorize.net payment plugin lately?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 day ago #163113 by Eric vanBok
Replied by Eric vanBok on topic Issues with Authorize.net?
I have some more updates on this issue.

It isn't as widespread as I first thought, but the issue has happened with both Membership Pro and Events Booking, which I didn't realize before.

We have gotten both membership purchases and renewals, as well as event registrations, but I have at least two customers that had this error. One in Membership Pro and one in Events Booking. It is making me wonder if something has changed in the API at Authorize.net in that it now has a lower character limit for the information that is being submitted.

I hope this additional information helps, and if you have any questions for me on these issues, I will provide whatever is needed.

Thanks.

More
4 months 1 day ago #163117 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Issues with Authorize.net?
Hi Eric

No, there is no change to the payment plugin recently. Maybe authorize.net just added that limitation recently?

Could you please test with a shorter address to see if the payment process work ?

Tuan

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 day ago #163119 by Eric vanBok
Replied by Eric vanBok on topic Issues with Authorize.net?
Both customers were from outside the US. One in Canada and one in Turkey. The Canadian address was a little longer than usual and the Turkish one was VERY long.

More regular, shorter, addresses look like they are working.

Do you have any thoughts on how to fix this issue for those people with longer addresses?

More
4 months 1 day ago #163132 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Issues with Authorize.net?
Hi Eric

As you can see, Authorize.net limits the address to maximum 60 characters

So I guess the solution in this case would be limit the Address field to 60 characters to prevent users to enter a longer Address and the error should be gone

Regards,

Tuan