Getting user account integration working

• lorna guttormson
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 21 hours ago #164082 by lorna guttormson
Getting user account integration working was created by lorna guttormson
I am very new to Membership Pro but well familiar with Joomla.  I have Joomla 5 and the latest Membership Pro (MP).  I have just been working on the Paypal integration and it works most of the way but not all.  I am not sure if I have missed something in Membershp Pro or perhaps in my Joomla User set up.  My test (tester5) completed Paypal successfully, the systsem logged the user in and MP user profile shows all is good.  I received the account activation email and clicked the activation link.  It took me to home page and I can also see the user in my user file - but it is not enabled or activated yet.  As tester5 I signed out and tried to sign back in with the ps provided. It didn't work.  As Admin I enabled and activated the account but the tester5 signin still did not work.  I tried the 'forgot password' and got the opportunity to reset the password but it still didn't work.  I then reset the password as admin from the backend and the signin worked.  As user I tried again to change the ps but user cannot now get in.
As I said, I must have missed something - from either Joomla or from Membership Pro but I don't know what. 
I think I see 2 problems there - 1) automatic activation from the link failed and
                                                  2) user cannot reset password
Attached is the  Global Config for User on my site.  Can you help please.  I can send login credentials if you would need to see the backend of the site.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 16 hours ago #164084 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Getting user account integration working
Hello

1. The reset password feature is handled completely by Joomla, not Membership Pro, so actually, it is actually not related to Membership Pro

2. For the account activation does not work, could be because you have Auto Login config option in Membership Pro set to Yes ? When when you complete payment and being redirected back to your site, you are already logged in and Joomla does not allow activation ? If so, try to set Auto Login config option to No and please test it again

Regards,

Tuan

• lorna guttormson
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 5 hours ago #164101 by lorna guttormson
Replied by lorna guttormson on topic Getting user account integration working
Thank you Tuan. That fixed both problems.
Lorna

More
3 months 3 hours ago #164103 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Getting user account integration working
Great, happy to hear that and thanks Lorna for the update

Tuan