MP redirect fails using OS PP Stnd Checkout plugin,

• Sam Woodard
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164530 by Sam Woodard
No prior change has been made to MP or the OS_PP plugin Ver 1. After thinking i needed an updated plugin, i installed the PP Stnd Check Out and when the user selects the Process Payment button,
it returns a url " www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/erro...VALID_BUSINESS_ERROR ",  and this msg saying that "Something doesn’t look right. Your payment to this merchant can’t be completed using PayPal. Choose another way to pay"
A case is open with PP but no response other than asking to enter API creds which the original OS-PP plugin doesnt use unless recurring is active(not used) and it as the correct PP user account email listed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164532 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic MP redirect fails using OS PP Stnd Checkout plugin,
Hi Sam

So first thing first: The os_paypal payment plugin comes with the extension out of the box is still working OK today. So what's the problem you are having with it?

The error above indicates that there is something wrong with your PayPal account, I guess it is the reason the original os_paypal payment plugin is not working, too ?

Tuan

• Sam Woodard
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #164547 by Sam Woodard
Replied by Sam Woodard on topic MP redirect fails using OS PP Stnd Checkout plugin,
I do have a case open with PP and i did find same error in the forums where the email address wasnt changing back from when sandbox was selected and back to live, the email account for PP wasnt sync'ing back to the live account name. Is there a way to check the "process payment" button on what creds it is presenting to PP to open the gateway?
Now i have paid and D/L three of the MP PP plugins but looks like i cant use them in trying to update and troubleshoot this issue..

Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Sam Woodard.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164550 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic MP redirect fails using OS PP Stnd Checkout plugin,
Hi Sam

Your last question is not very clear to me. For the os_paypal payment plugin, we allows you to enter both sandbox and live credentials. When you switch to sandbox, sandbox credential will be used for receiving payment and when you switch to live, live credential will be used to receive payment. So I'm unsure what's the problem you are having here?

Regards,

Tuan

• Sam Woodard
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164594 by Sam Woodard
Replied by Sam Woodard on topic MP redirect fails using OS PP Stnd Checkout plugin,
Does this plugin require API credentials as i dont recall any in the advance fields before being needed as we dont use recurring
subscriptions and allow the cancel from the user profile. PayPal support wanted pics of the parameters and the API fields being empty. I tried the API creds from PP but that didnt fix the error.
Thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 1 week ago #164605 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Sam

Are you talking about os_paypal payment plugin? If so, it does not require API credentials because you do not use recurring payment, so no need for cancelling subscription there

All you need to do is entering PayPal email into PayPal Email parameter of the payment plugin

Regards,

Tuan

• Sam Woodard
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 week ago #164670 by Sam Woodard
Tuan
Thank you for you support. I have been able to use another plug-in now to process payments. As the PP msg ref us as a "merchant" I looked into their documentation on using API creds to validate. I had installed the PP Std Checkout login and wasn't able to process.
Now I tried it again and payments can be done using this new plug-in. Only thing I can think of is that PP upgraded our simple user account to a merchant account sometime last year after our annual membership renewal period. This will now allow event registration also in Event Booking again. Again. great support.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 1 week ago #164676 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Sam. I'm happy to hear that you have it works now. Please continue using the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us for support

Regards,

Tuan