Imported subscription does not create Joomla user account

• lorna guttormson
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 week ago #164732 by lorna guttormson
I am testing the import Subscribers function and I am not getting Joomla accounts created.  My input does have a username but that username is not on my Joomla account so I am expecting as per your documentation  'If that username doesn't exist in Joomla users database, Membership Pro will create a Joomla account from that username and given password. If password is empty, a random password will be generated' .
 In the databse that subscription has a 0 for user_id.  The subscription does get created correctly but not the user.and no email is sent to the email address input. ( I did not turn off the User- Joomla plugin send email field.)   Published is set to 1.  Is there a field I have missed that tells it to create a new user account? 
Attached is the input file   

File Attachment:

File Name: Linda.zip
File Size:0 KB

.  and also the CSV Import Template     

File Attachment:

File Name: subscripti...ate1.zip
File Size:0 KB

And thank you for your quick response earlier.
Lorna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #164739 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Lorna

Could you please check and also make sure there is email data for the subscription record as well? Email is required for the system to create user account

The files you uploaded could not be opened, so I could not check to see what's wrong

Tuan

• lorna guttormson
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 6 days ago #164747 by lorna guttormson
Replied by lorna guttormson on topic Imported subscription does not create Joomla user account
Thank you. Yes, there is email data and it is unique - not already assigned to anyone else.  .csv files are not in your allowed file extensions, which is why I zipped them, I am sending the same files but xlsx so you can sese the columns and the data in them. 

File Attachment:

File Name: subscripti...te1.xlsx
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Linda.xlsx
File Size:8 KB

Lorna

More
2 months 6 days ago #164750 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Lorna

I checked and figured out the reason. The column name in your file is user name (note that space character). It needs to be username

Please correct it, then try again. The error would be gone

Tuan

• lorna guttormson
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 6 days ago #164764 by lorna guttormson
Replied by lorna guttormson on topic Imported subscription does not create Joomla user account
Perfect, thank you and sorry for taking your time. I should have found that! Blind, I guess.

More
2 months 6 days ago #164768 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No problem Lorna. Please continue using the extension, if you have question or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan