Exclusive plans and grouping puzzle

• Nina Mårtensson
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #165098 by Nina Mårtensson
Exclusive plans and grouping puzzle was created by Nina Mårtensson
I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up my plans. I have six plans and some plans are exclusive and overlap. It's even hard to explain but I'll have a go.

Category one (Within this category users can only have one of these, and they can upgrade up to Gold level)
Iron
Bronze
Silver
Gold

Category two (Within this category user can only have one of these, and they can upgrade from A to B.

Plan A - Can be used with any from category one
Plan B - Can not be used with any from category one

The problem is that Plan B cant be used with any of the plans from category one.

Is this even possible? Can I solve it with nested categories somehow? My brain hurts.

Another problem I'm having is that if subscription is about to end, let's say in 30 days, I don't want to offer upgrade anymore, I want the upgrade alternatives to become normal subscribe. When users get a reminder 30 days before  and go to renew or change subscription I don't want upgrade to show (it's too little left). Is there a setting I'm missing to accomplish this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #165100 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Exclusive plans and grouping puzzle
Hi Nina

Unfortunately, both of the two items you asked are not supported by the extension. There is no way to configure the system to have it works like that, so I'm afraid of you will have to find a developer to help customizing the code for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Nina Mårtensson
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #165148 by Nina Mårtensson
Replied by Nina Mårtensson on topic Exclusive plans and grouping puzzle
I suspected as much. Would I be right in assuming that I have to change how action[] is made? If you could point me in the right direction for where in the code the action upgrade/subscribe is determined I'll try to figure out how to accomplish at least how to change upgrade to subscribe/renew when there is less than 30 days left of current plan.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #165152 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Exclusive plans and grouping puzzle
Hi Nina

1. For #1, maybe you should look at components/com_osmembership/helper/helper.php, method canSubscribe and implement customization for it

2. For #2, I guess the method you need to customize is getUpgradeRules from the file components/com_osmembership/helper/subscription.php

If you decide to implement the change, please try to implement it using override so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension, see docs.joomdonation.com/membershippro/deve...thods-helper-methods for instructions to implement override

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina Mårtensson