Recurring Plan Not Expiring at End Date/Time

• Richard
  • Topic Author
  • I am a freelance web developer
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #165304 by Richard
Hi Tuan,

I am currently working on a recurring payment plugin for a client and I just got stuck.

The payment gateway in question does not support recurring payment (cryptocurrency gateway) but client insist that I find a way to still display this gateway for recurring subscription plans.

Their members who choose the crypto payment gateway are expected to renew their subscription manually when their current one expires.

I have got everything working except that the subscription don't expire when the due end date/time is reached. Though, the renewal option appears once the due end date/time is reached.

Is there something I am getting wrong here?

Does recurring subscription require a callback from the payment gateway to expire?

Kindly assist me here. I don't mind setting up a cron job on server to intermittently check for expired (but still active) recurring subscription if this is the only way to go.

Expecting your response.

Regards 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #165321 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Plan Not Expiring at End Date/Time
Hi Richard

That actually does not depend on it is a one time or recurring plan. In your case, please check and make sure:

1. Plugin System - Membership Pro Update Subscribers Status is enabled

2. Go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, make sure Grace Period config option set to 0

When you do that, the subscription status of these records should be updated to expired automatically

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard

• Richard
  • Topic Author
  • I am a freelance web developer
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #165333 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Recurring Plan Not Expiring at End Date/Time
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for your response. I have already figured things out myself and noticed there was nothing wrong with the subscription expiration system.

For my testing, I set up an hourly recurring subscription plan. So, when the subscription end time was reached, I looked forward to immediate termination.

However, this was not the case as the Membership Pro Update Subscribers Status plugin is programmed to run once every hour or thereabout.

So, until the update status plugin runs, the expired subscription remained active.

Once again, thanks for your response.

Cheers!
Richard
-

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #165348 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Plan Not Expiring at End Date/Time
Yes Richard, that's right. I'm glad you figured out

Tuan