Modify Registration Form

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165457 by Ben
Modify Registration Form was created by Ben
Hi, when someone clicks to sign up for a membership the form is asking for address - I would like to replicate the few fields of my joomla registration. Where can I removed the need for some of the required address fields in MP. Any help appreciated

TIA

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165473 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Modify Registration Form
Hi Ben

Just go to Membership Pro -> Custom Fields, unpublish the fields you don't want to use (or change some of them to optional if needed)

Regards,

Tuan

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165475 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Modify Registration Form
Thanks Tuan, brilliant as usual. One thing, when I click buy I now get the correct fields for logging in or creating an account, but at the bottom underneath registration no 'create account' button - is this done by 'process subscription' as that is at the top so not sure

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165489 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ben

Your last question is not very clear to me. Could you please explain more details about it? Maybe send me screenshot of the page so that I can understand your question better ?

Tuan

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165493 by Ben
Hi Tuan, sorry my fault. The sign up form (attached) has the fields I want, but the create account doesnt have an 'create account' action button...maybe im misunderstanding 

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165494 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I don't know what create account action you are talking about. In this subscription form :

1. If user has an existing account, they can enter username and password at the top and press Login button to login before continuing subscription process

2. If they do not have existing account, they can enter username, password, .... at the New User / Register section to register for new account and process the subscription at the same time

I'm unsure what's missing here ?

Tuan

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165495 by Ben
Ok, I thought this might be the case. I may need to add a little text to help  'New User - Please Register and click Process Subscription' - is that possible? Where might I add it? 

Ideally if this was a duplicated button at the bottom of the new User registration - ' Register & Process Membership' - is that possible?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165518 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Honestly, I don't know exactly where you want to add that text. Try to look at the file components/com_osmembership/view/register/tmpl/columns.php and try to do the modification

You might have to modify components/com_osmembership/view/register/tmpl/columns_login.php, too

Please note that once the modification is done, you should move the modified file to template override templates/template_name/html/com_osmembership/register folder so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165519 by Ben
A button here would make sense as its not clear to a customer that the 'complete subscription' completes a registration

• Ben
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165535 by Ben
Maybe Im worrying about nothing Tuan. I think I was just a bit confused when there wasnt a register button at the bottom of the register form.