Exclusive Plans

• Joshua Vines
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #88287 by Joshua Vines
Exclusive Plans was created by Joshua Vines
Is is possible to make each Plan exclusive? Make it so Users (Subscribers) can have one, and only one, Active Subscription at a time? Once a Subscription is made, the only things the User can do are Renew, Upgrade, or Cancel the Subscription.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #88354 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Exclusive Plans
HI Joshua

Unfortunately, that feature is not supported in Membership Pro. As long as you have the plan published, everyone can subscribe for any plans they want. We don't have a way to allow users to subscribe for one plan only (unless you customize the code of the extension)

Regards,

Tuan

• Joshua Vines
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #88423 by Joshua Vines
Replied by Joshua Vines on topic Exclusive Plans
Or perhaps including this as a new feature? Add a Boolean to the Categories. and if a user has an active plan in that category, then no other plan in that category may be signed up for, upgrade only. But keep the now-unavailable plans browse-able, i.e. catalog mode.

More
7 years 3 months ago #90848 by Serge
Replied by Serge on topic Exclusive Plans
I think this is a much needed feature. In most cases you will only want one active subscription at the same time. As soon as you move to another plan, the previous subscription should become inactive.

Any ideas if and when this can be added?

More
7 years 3 months ago #90850 by Gary Bartlett
Replied by Gary Bartlett on topic Exclusive Plans
I'm also keen on this feature: I'd like to ensure that if people are registered on one plan (say Plan 1.1.) they are unable to also buy Plan 1.2. - they can only see upgrade links. Or, if they do click on a buy now link, they are routed to an upgrade option.

I suspect that my requirement is already met: please let me know if it isn't.

Gary

More
7 years 3 months ago #90869 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Exclusive Plans
I will think about this case and add support for the next release. So basically, we can add a new config option exclusive plans (Yes/No)

If you set to Yes, users can only sign up for one plan. Once he subscribed, we will hide sign up buttons for all other plans. Will this work for all of you here?

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 3 months ago #90876 by Gary Bartlett
Replied by Gary Bartlett on topic Exclusive Plans
Hmm - this will work for me in my first iteration, Tuan - in which I will have only 3 membership options: Anonymous | Standard | Advanced, say.

However, in my next iteration, I will have multiple categories - each with 3 levels of membership. So, ideally, I'd like to be able to make it exclusive within a category only. I.e. You can only upgrade/downgrade between memberships within each category that you already have a membership in, but can have (one) membership in as many categories, as you like.

So - in case I'm not being clear: If I have three membership levels (Standard | Advanced | Expert, say - excluding Anonymous for simplicity) for three different membership categories (Walking | Running | Swimming, say) I'd like my members to be able to subscribe to only one membership in each category at any point in time and only have the option to upgrade or downgrade (assuming that you choose to allow that) within each category.

So, if a member has a Standard Walking membership and an Expert Running membership, he can choose only between:
  1. Walking: Advanced or Expert - upgrade to either
  2. Running: Standard or Advanced - downgrade or upgrade
  3. Swimming: Standard, Advanced or Exper - subscribe to only one

Hmm, again. This then gets complicated if there is also an option to be an Advanced Member of all categories - the only options are then: Standard or Expert, across all categories (assuming that you allow downgrading) - and because you have and Advanced across all categories, you can't buy any of the individual categories.

I really don't want to over-complicate things - I'm sure that we'd all rather have the basic functionality first!

The ultimate might be either
  1. A table of membership options and, for each row, you specify which of the other options (columns) are "compatible" - i.e. can be subscribed to if you have already subscribed to it or
  2. The ability to group membership options and specify whether the group allows one or any-and-all to be selected

The latter is the best option, in my view, because, assuming that membership options can belong to more than one group, you can then deal with all permutations. As I say, this might be more than you have appetite for - especially if no one else wants it!

Thanks for the quick response, Tuan!

Gary

• Joshua Vines
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #90877 by Joshua Vines
Replied by Joshua Vines on topic Exclusive Plans
Exactly what I am looking for. Exclusive per category. I've actually been trying to make the modification, myself. I've added an "exclusive" flag to the categories table, but how to apply the test eludes me.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #90878 by Serge
Replied by Serge on topic Exclusive Plans
yes, just the basics as proposed by Tuan would work for us. I have used CBsubs in the past and they do it by levels like this:
- Cateogry/Level1
--|-- Subcategory/Level 2
--|-- Subcategory/Level 2
----|--Subcategory/Level3
----|--Subcategory/Level3

Exclusive per level, so only 1 "Level 2" child is possible at any time meaning other plans of same parent cannot be
subscribed same time.
Not exclusive, other plans of same parent can be subscribed at same time

In my opinion a good solution and flexible too.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Serge.

More
7 years 3 months ago #91922 by Adina Gaskin
Replied by Adina Gaskin on topic Exclusive Plans
I too am looking to make the upgrades exclusive per category.

I noticed that on the price subscription list pages that if the person has the plan already it doesn't show a sign up button

And if they are able to renew it shows renew

So basically in this case if they already have a subscription in that category they would see an upgrade instead of sign up button for available upgrades...