Trigger approval message

• Sevi
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164259 by Sevi
Trigger approval message was created by Sevi
Loving Membership Pro. It's really great and feature-rich!

My recurring issue is that I have no real control over membership approval. Rather than having the membership automatically approved after payment (which is what happens now) I'd really love a way to have that membership pending first like in the Offline payment method where a person is set to Active only after payment.

You have a way to trigger a message for that and an email to be send once the member is approved.

Subscription approved subject: Subscription of the notification email sent to subscriber when admin approve his subscription record (change the status from Pending to Active, usually when he uses offline payment method for the subscription)
Subscription approved body: Message of the notification email sent to subscriber when admin approve his subscription record (change the status from Pending to Active, usually when he uses offline payment method for the subscription)
 Right now, I use Joomla's account approval to prevent a non-approved membership. Users are set to manual approval when they register for an account as part of the membership process. I have to go in and approve them for the website, which then also makes their membership active because it already is. But I then also have to send an email manually to the user. With a large membership, this all becomes quite labor-intensive.

My question is is there any way that once I approve the member (by using Joomla's approval method) that an email like the ones for offline payment can be triggered?
Thanks in advance,
Sevi

P.S. CKEditor is saying it's out of date here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164270 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Trigger approval message
Hi Sevi

Unfortunately, there is no email like that available. Maybe some kind of custom development here ?

Tuan

• Sevi
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164349 by Sevi
Replied by Sevi on topic Trigger approval message
Tuan,
Do you mean there's no way to do that currently? Because it's possible (according to the manual) if the person pays offline and then when their payment comes in (I think this is correct) you can trigger that email when you receive payment. Am I reading that wrong?
As far as custom dev I thought you mentioned it wasn't a good idea because the customization would cause update issues.
Sevi

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164352 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Trigger approval message
Hi Sevi

If you want that approve Joomla account trigger Membership Pro to send it's own approval message, then Yes, it's not possible

About modification, most of the modifications could be implemented as plugin or override, so it won't be lost on future update

Tuan

• Sevi
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #164354 by Sevi
Replied by Sevi on topic Trigger approval message
Tuan,
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't really have a budget beyond what I'm being paid for this site to begin with but perhaps I can convince the client to invest.
Can you PM me with a quote for the work?
Sevi
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Sevi.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc