property Owner should be able to add property !

• kalesh.suby
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #37850 by kalesh.suby
See topic - www.joomdonation.com/84-os-property/3752...s-it-agent-only.html

In Real Estate business, its not just about agents. There is a big percentage of property owners who would want to sell and rent property.

Please add the feature so that OWNERS can also add property.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walter Downes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kalesh.suby
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #38159 by kalesh.suby
Replied by kalesh.suby on topic Re: property Owner should be able to add property !
Hi Dam,

Can you please comment on this? Do you have plans to add "OWNER" feature in the coming release?

Thanks

More
10 years 6 months ago #38162 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Here is the list of improvement plans that we will implement with OS Property in near future
1. Making the 1-n relation between properties and categories
2. Implement separated "Multiple language" feature for OS Property. Customer won't need Falang to make multiple language site with OS Property.
After complete above plans, we will add "Owner" object for OS Property.
Thanks
Dam

• kalesh.suby
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #38164 by kalesh.suby
Replied by kalesh.suby on topic Re: property Owner should be able to add property !
Wohooooo !!

Glad that you have plans to add Owner feature - I waited for one year and 2 months already !!

Thanks and Keep up the good work.

More
10 years 6 months ago #38166 by Mr. Dam
We always want to add all featured that requested by customers into product, but we don't have too much time to do it. Everyday, we must spend a lot time to support the customers, answer many questions like your, helping customer to solve their issue and improve product.
Thanks
Dam

• kalesh.suby
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #38170 by kalesh.suby
Yes Dam - I can understand. Thats why I want to support you by launching my site, compete with other good sites and keep supporting you by renewing !

Unfortunately in my country, property owners sell more property than Agents so a real estate site without owner feature is not going to live long !

More
10 years 6 months ago #38172 by Mr. Dam
OK, in near future, we will very busy with "multiple languages" feature implement plan, i hope i have time to implement "Owner" feature in middle of 2014
Thanks
Dam

• kalesh.suby
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #38173 by kalesh.suby
if you dont have time, can you suggest how to do this or give a start? I will try to do the rest of it. If you could tell me which files to modify and some hints / code snippets, I can try.

It does not have to be a big feature with lots of options- Just one field used as below -

1) Registration page - Is this Seller an Agent or Owner?
2) If Owner - Disable company option everywhere
3) Search module and Search pages - Option to Filter properties by Agent only or Owner Only
4) Under each property - Show by Agent or by Owner.

May be you did not understand my question.

Thanks and please try to implement sooner. 2014 is too late unfortunately. In enery country, there will be Owners who want to sell/rent property so I think its a important feature !
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by kalesh.suby.

More
10 years 6 months ago #38177 by Mr. Dam
Ok, if you can do it, you can try to make the modification.
First of all, there are 2 parts that you must work.
Back-end
1. Manage Owner. they can be user registration, but we can't use the id of Joomla user, because it will make the conflict with id of (Joomla user vs agent), so i think you should have the part to manage owner accounts
2. Manage the relation between properties and owner. Currently, OS Property has the relation 1-1 with agent. In database table #__osrs_properties, we have the column called agent_id. In case you want to have "owner" you must have "owner_id" and the one "type" field to identify the property is uploaded by agent or onwer.
3. You also need to change the filter dropdown select list at the properties list.
4. There are some related that you must take care are: CSV Import, Backup and Restore database. Because in the system, you have new object "Owner"
Front-end
The work at front-end will be more than at backend.
1. you need to change the Agent registration form. (components > com_osproperty > classes > agent.php, components > com_osproperty > classes > agent.html.php)
2. Add owner : edit profile page. And in this page, the owner can manage their properties also. Because owner is different with agent, so we should have separated part that allow owner can manage their profile like agents.
3. Add properties. Because OS Property was designed to allow only agents can upload properties, so we should change the configure options to allow owners can upload properties too.
4. Because the properties can be posted by both agents or owners, so you should change all the sql queries in OS Property system from search (advanced search, map search) function, listing function, compare properties, export pdf, expiration management ... and all modules like slideshow, ajax search, random properties .etc.

I believe it'll be too much work that you must implement. I haven't written the details plan yet, but i will consider to make the details structure designing for that feature in near future. After that, i will be able to estimate the work and the time to implement it. Many thing to do. so i can only do it in middle of 2014. I don't want to release the version with a very big improvement without careful testing.
Hope you can understand
Dam

• kalesh.suby
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #38204 by kalesh.suby
Hi Dam,

I completely agree with you about the time – I have a team of 2 people and I myself can help you test these features that you add for FREE. We can do 100% testing and report bugs before you release the major version.

I dont think we need to make this Owner feature complicated. I suggest to keep this Owner feature simple without adding a new object. It will just be an extension of the existing Agent object itself just by adding a new column to the Agent table - Please read below for detailed steps – I think you will like this idea:

Step 1 – Add a backend configuration to check - Do you want to use OSproperty for Property Owners also? Yes / No.

This question if selected NO in backend will make sure OSProperty will work same way as it is working today for Agents. This way, people who already use Osproperty only for “Agents Only” will not get affected.

Step 2 – If in backend Owner option is selected as “Yes” the following should be the steps:

Step 2(a) – Load a new language file only for Owners or we can load an override language file or simply use Joomla language override. This language file will override all “Agent” language to something like “Seller” or “Property Added by” or a word that is common to both Agent and Owner. I can create this language override file for you.

Step 2(b) – Now its time to add a new field (column) to Agent table. We don’t have to create a new table for owner or create a new user for owner. It will use existing Agent table. The new column on the agent table will be “Agent_Type” – Values will be “Owner” and “Agent”.

Step 2(c ) – This new column field on the Agent table will be used in the following ways:

1) Agent registration – There will be a field on the Registration screen –
Seller type – Radio button – (Values will be “Agent” or “Owner”)
2) Search module and search page – There will be a filter item in Basic settings of the search "Property By"- Drop Down list (Values will be ‘Agent’ or ‘Owner’ or ‘Any’). This will query and select properties only where ‘Agent_Type’ = “Owner” when Owner is selected in the search filter.
3) Search results page – At the top right of the property, it will show -
“Property by: Agent or Owner” by checking the database for Agent_Type of the agent who added the property.
4) Property view page – For each property, we can do the same thing – just show at the top somewhere “Property by: ‘Agent’ or ‘Owner’

Step 2 (d) - Final clean up step – For any user who is selecting his user type as Owner, hide the company option on registration page, search page etc.

I can help you to test and help with coding too. You will have my full support.

Thanks

Moderators: Mr. Dam