Category and subcategory behaviour: Natural

• Hoffmann
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #85284 by Hoffmann
Hey!

Here's a feature i would like to be implemented. It's not really a feature, but a rewrite of the category/subcategory system. It may represents a few hours of work or weeks, i don't know, but the behaviour of the category/subcategory seems odd to me.
In this picture, you can see the problem: The count of the parent category does not include the result from subcategory.
In the category: "All property types", the result should be 3 and not 1. The "1" is just me having manually added a single property to the parent category.

The natural thing would be to have the subcategory result integrated in the parent category result. Which means, every property belonging to a subcategory would automatically gain the "All property type" statut, i.e the parent category statut. I think it would be more natural that way.

Another thing is to grant each back-end user the ability to make parent category/subcategory disappear when selecting the various property type. For exemple, if i select "For sale", i would like that my "sharing agreement" or "colocation" (in french) category disappear. Why? Because there's no need for that outside the "For rent" Category. That second option is less mandatory than the first one, as few people would need this.

I know that's core feature partial rewrite, but if the result can be obtained in some way, it would be amazing.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam