OS Property support center

Unable to install OS Property 2.0.3 Component

• Jon Dillabaugh
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #17191 by Jon Dillabaugh
Unable to install OS Property 2.0.3 Component was created by Jon Dillabaugh
Every time I try to install the OS Property 2.0.3 component, it crashes my server. The exact error I get is that I do not have access to write to the file /administrator/index.php. After the error, I am no longer able to even connect to my website (via http or ftp) for at least 10 minutes.

I have submitted a ticket with my hosting provider as well. No response yet,

I have also tried to install an older version, 2.0.1 that came in my purchase email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jon Dillabaugh
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #17192 by Jon Dillabaugh
Replied by Jon Dillabaugh on topic Re: Unable to install OS Property 2.0.3 Component
And another issue, when I try to upload the folder for the component to try and install via the "Install from a Directory" option, I get warnings from my FTP server (I use FileZilla to upload) that some of the files in the Compnent folder are infected with a virus.

More
11 years 9 months ago #17201 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
When you download the package. You need to unzip and install file com_osproperty.zip. It's over 2 MB, so your hosting must support upload filesize > 2 MB. You can also send me your site information with administrator account so i can check the problem for you.
Before i release new version, i have to scan the package before i am sure the package doesn't contain the virus effected files.
But if you are using the old version of the OS Property (< 2.0.3). You had better read the notice about the security version of the product here : joomdonation.com/components/ossolution-property.html
Thanks
Dam

• Jon Dillabaugh
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #17221 by Jon Dillabaugh
Replied by Jon Dillabaugh on topic Re: Unable to install OS Property 2.0.3 Component
Thanks for your reply. I am aware that the zip file that was downloaded needed unzipped. After unzipping the original file, I see the following folders:

component
modules
other
plugins

Inside the component folder is where I found the file "com_osproperty.zip", which is the file I attempted to upload and install via the Joomla extension manager. When attempting that install, I get errors.

I have also unzipped the "com_osproperty.zip" file and attempted to ftp the contents to my /tmp directory, in order to use the Joomla Install from Folder option. However, when uploading the contents of the folder via ftp using FileZilla, I get errors from my server that there are images in the folders that are reportedly infected with a virus and could not be copied.

Also, I have never been able to install the OS Property component at all, so the older version with the security flaw shouldn't apply to me. I am currently only trying to install the newest version I could find, 2.0.3. I had originally attempted to install the 2.0.1 version, but never could get it to install, having the same errors as I am having with the 2.0.3 version.

And some more background info, this is a fresh Joomla 2.5.4 install. I have checked the Joomla config and everything is writable in the directory permissions. I don't currently have any other extensions, plug-ins, or components installed, other than the sample data that is included with Joomla.

More
11 years 9 months ago #17233 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Can you please send me your site information with administrator account. I will try to install OS Property into your site. If i can't install the component in normal way, i will try to install other component into your site. If i can't install any component into your site. It's your site problem, you need to change hosting or contact with hosting admin.
In case, i still can install other components into your site except OS Property. If i can't solve the problem, i will process refund the money to you.
Thanks
Dam

More
11 years 1 month ago #27162 by Thomas G Myles
Replied by Thomas G Myles on topic Re: Unable to install OS Property 2.0.3 Component
I have the same problem trying to install os property component. Please let us know the solution.

• Jon Dillabaugh
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #27163 by Jon Dillabaugh
I could never get it installed. Used a different product instead. :unsure:

More
11 years 1 month ago #27164 by Thomas G Myles
Replied by Thomas G Myles on topic Re: Unable to install OS Property 2.0.3 Component
I wonder what that product was? :whistle:

More
11 years 1 month ago #27176 by Mr. Dam
Hi Thomas,
Let me know more details your problem, when you install the component, what's the msg that you received from Joomla?
You can send me your site with backend account, i am happy to install the component for you.
Thank you
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan