OS Property support center

Search box removal

• Lu Rutledge
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #19293 by Lu Rutledge
Search box removal was created by Lu Rutledge
I have no need for the search box on the Property Listing page. I've removed it on in the default/listing.html.tpl.php so now all I have on the Property page is the list view of properties (which is what I want); however, anytime I refresh I'm getting an alert box with the usual "To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier."

Which functions are triggering this and is it possible to get rid of it since the user isn't submitting anything?

Apparently this is happening only in my FF browser so you may disregard (unless of course you happen to know what I've inadvertently changed). Sorry. :blush:
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Lu Rutledge. Reason: Discovered problem is most likely local.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19301 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Search box removal
Hi,
Remove the search form with the alert from Firefox isn't relate. The reason is only come from your web browse, in normal, when you refresh the search form, FF will ask to see if you want to re-submit the search form again. I am interested because you know how to edit the listing layout.
Thanks
Dam

• Lu Rutledge
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #19303 by Lu Rutledge
Replied by Lu Rutledge on topic Re: Search box removal
Thank you for responding. I quickly figured out it was a FF issue. I usually keep most browsers loaded and refreshed when I'm making changes but had focused too much on FF.

I am not very skilled at php and js but using FF along with the developer toolbar makes it easier to identify every element on a page, gives you the parents and kids, and even the DOM. Then its a matter of opening up all of the files and doing a batch search and then some testing. Your extension is very good and fairly complex. Thank you for building a good extension.

More
11 years 1 month ago #28406 by Jorge
Replied by Jorge on topic Re: Search box removal
How do you remove the search box and simply show the listings?

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan