OS Property support center

Google Maps

More
11 years 7 months ago #19960 by Ted
Google Maps was created by Ted
Hi, I was wondering how property addresses are supplied to google maps, like which fields and in what order? I'm having a problem with a few test properties I added - they are not appearing on the map in the right place, usually hundreds of miles off. When I do a search directly in Google maps website for the address of a test property they appear in the correct place, so I assume the syntax of the query might be off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19971 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Google Maps
Hi Ted,
There are 2 ways to catch up the lat, long addresses in Google map.
1. You use the mouse to drag and drop the red icon in the Google map to the correct address.
2. Bellow the google map, you will see the text box where you can type the address and Google map will return the place that corresponding with the searching address. And the, from the map, you can use the mouse to drag the red icon to the correct position of the property.
When you drag and drop the icon, the system will catch the event to get the lat and long address.
3. You fill the form with address data for the property, then you save the property data and you do not touch to the Google map. The system will search the lat long address by using the API function of Google depend on the address of property. But in this way, sometimes the position of the property that Google map find out isn't correct 100%.
Thanks
Dam

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #19982 by Ted
Replied by Ted on topic Re: Google Maps
Hi Dam,

I have already tried what you mentioned in numbers 1 and 2, and when I save the entry it reverts back every time. If I could get the coordinates to stay, those methods would be fine. Any idea why my changes would be lost each time?

Thanks,
Ted
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Ted. Reason: Needed to provide more info

More
11 years 6 months ago #19986 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Google Maps
Hi Ted,
It seems you are using the old version, please send email to : damdt@joomservices.com, i will send the latest version to you.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan