OS Property support center

Making the state search permament

More
11 years 5 months ago #21006 by paul
Making the state search permament was created by paul
dHi, Using OS property to create a web site for a small realty company in town. When you go to the property search at the site I would like to make it so that the client doesn't have to select montana has the state because its the only one.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #21031 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Making the state search permament
Hi Paul,
In OS Property, you only can setup the country list isn't be shown. The state list always be shown in all cases.
Thanks
Dam

More
11 years 2 months ago #26178 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Making the state search permament
I would also like this option for a small community site.

One way to do it could be to detect when only a single State list item exists, and instead of displaying a dropdown select list, include a hidden or visible readonly text input. If I new enough php I would attempt to make this change to the code myself, unfortunately I don't.

Alternatively, an option to set the default State so that users do not need to manually set it when searching, even if it is still visible, should also do the trick.

Otherwise very impressed so far.

Steve

More
11 years 2 months ago #26185 by Mr. Dam
Hi Steve,
It's impossible to hide the state dropdown list, even you want to hide the dropdown, you need to modify many places and very difficult.
Thanks
Dam

More
10 years 11 months ago #30544 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Re: Making the state search permament
I have the same request as above.

I understand hiding the field would involve too much work but is there any way to set a field vaule on page load.

i.e could I use a customer html module that contains the script and be loaded on the same page.

Thanks in advance.

J

More
10 years 11 months ago #30550 by Mr. Dam
Hi Jonathan,
It's impossible to change the dropdown select lists to the input boxes. because the search functions in OS Property now is searching data through the ID (Unique number) of City and State - not by name
Thanks
Dam

More
10 years 11 months ago #30559 by Jonathan
Hi Dam,

Thanks for your reply, sorry if Im going over old ground but is there away to update the dropdown with the unique id?

Cheers,

Jonathan

More
10 years 11 months ago #30567 by Mr. Dam
Hi Jonathan,
I don't understand you mean, please explain clearer?
Dam

More
10 years 11 months ago #30572 by Jonathan
HI Dam,

I'll try,
I presume that when you select a State the unique ID associated is updated and the City is then queried and the City dropdown updated.

Im wonding is there anyway to update the State field by using a script to update the value of the field with the unique ID of the State. so that when the page is loaded the script will auto update the State field and unturn filer the Cities.

Regards

Jonathan

More
10 years 11 months ago #30574 by Mr. Dam
Hi Jonathan,
There is no way to update the state field to force the system to run the city filtering function. Because the dropdown state fields only get the onChange event.
I don't know excatly what you want, but your requests are very difficult to implement, even with us. Because when we complete those tasks, we must use a lot time for testing. Those kind of tasks are always have potential bugs.
So please let us know what you want. We will let you know if it is possible or not.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan