OS Property support center

rcompare

• Denis Garneau
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #24595 by Denis Garneau
rcompare was created by Denis Garneau
Hi,
I recently purchased OS Property and have been playing with it a little from time to time (as time permits). All in all I find the product quite impressive and flexible. I should say first that I am new to Joomla, the world of Joomla extension and the world of open software in general. So bear with me if I sound off topic or muddled at time...

The first thing I noticed is that there appears to be an intention to make the whole of OS property as a monolith component that does everything in the component, search, results, navigation, etc. That will not do for me. I need a much more modularised approach so that I can vary and control the layout and navigation outside of the component in templates and css. I eventually stumbled on the views that can be used as menu items and that largely solved this problem, at least for now.

But rcompare did not appear implemented - it did nothing - so I modified com_osproperty.php, common.php and osproperty.php to add rcompare to the view switch giving it a $task = "compare_layout". That seems to have fixed the problem. But in the absence of documentation, I wonder if that was the right thing to do and why rcompare was not in the switch - is there a reason not to use rcompare as a view?

The next thing that seems to block me is the navigation at the top of the component page. it appears that "back" and "agent register" and when agent "my details" etc. cannot be removed. Again as I prefer to do the navigation outside, I would much prefer to be able to remove these... Is there a way to do that in configuration or do I have to modify the code?

Style and layout also seems to be pretty much coded in - how do I locate the relevant CSSs and PHPs to change the layouts and style?

Thanks for an excellent product!

Denis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sean01
  • here to help!
More
11 years 3 months ago #24659 by sean01
Replied by sean01 on topic Re: rcompare
Go to os_property config ....... you can add or remove menu links and also deselect what page they appear....see pic

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan