OS Property support center

Using advance search for State and City?

• Kieran McClung
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #29159 by Kieran McClung
Using advance search for State and City? was created by Kieran McClung
Hello,

I've had a quick look through the forum but I've not found anything to help with this (Using advance search for State and City?). I was wondering if it's possible to have an input box (similar to keyword / address search) which allows the user to type in a state or city to perform a search. So instead of selecting "City Name" from the drop down they can just search for "City Name". I've noticed that both the City and State seem to be referenced as an ID when called in the drop down selects but I was wondering if a string is stored anywhere that can be added to the search pool for the Address or Keyword input fields?

This would be my ideal situation but if that isn't possible I will stick with the dropdowns. The only problem with the dropdowns currently is that they aren't working, I believe it to be a .js conflict but I'm not 100% sure. This line of code keeps getting flagged in my web dev tools.

TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null
Code:
document.getElementById("country_state_search_module" + random).innerHTML = res.substring(0,pos);
in ../components/com_osproperty/js/ajax.js

Any help for both of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #29162 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Using advance search for State and City?
Hi Kieran,
It's impossible to change dropdown of states/cities to input box. If you have problem with the js filtering of those fields. Please send your site information with super admin account to damdt@joomservices.com. We will check the issue you have.
Thanks
Dam

• Kieran McClung
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #29163 by Kieran McClung
Replied by Kieran McClung on topic Re: Using advance search for State and City?
Hello Dam,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'll resort to using the drop downs then, it's not so much a problem I was just wondering if the possibility was there. I seem to have fixed the .js issue now but thanks for offer of helping out.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan