OS Property support center

Questions about Advance Search

• Kieran McClung
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #29418 by Kieran McClung
Questions about Advance Search was created by Kieran McClung
Hello again,

I've just got a few questions about the advance search form.

1) Can I have the country default selected to United Kingdom. The site I'm making will only be selling properties in the UK so if this could be set to default, so that the State drop down is always active, that would be great. Ideally I could hide the country field when doing this too.

2) Is it possible to allow people to search for "Any" on all fields? Currently if a user hits search without selecting any option on the form it takes them to the "Please select at least one search criteria" screen. It would be nice if a user could just search for all properties. I have a potentiall work around for this if not (I'll just have a link to all properties next to the search button).

3) I've also modified the way that the properties display in a category but the search results now look different. Is there an easy way to make the search results mimic the same layout and style of the category view?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mr. Dam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #29421 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Questions about Advance Search
Hi Kieran,
1) You can use OS Property for only Unite Kingdom. Please go to Configuration, tab General, in the part Default country, please select United Kingdom in the dropdown list.
2) The advanced search function won't search if user doesn't enter any search criteria. Because if your system has too much properties, and user doens't enter any search criteria, it will return all properties.
3) In fact, the search result page has 3 layouts, listing, grid and map views. The grid view is the quite similar with the category view. We can't make the search results similar 100% with category listing view, because each property in the search results, we have quite a lot information.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kieran McClung

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan