OS Property support center

SEF on OSProperty, or simply add property to menu

More
10 years 6 months ago #37296 by Tim
Hi

I need to give the properties a single URL of some sort. At the moment there is obviously

/search/property-tag
/lists/property-tag
and so on

But that is very bad for SEO as it is duplicate pages. How can I prevent it doing this? Ideally it would be good to be able to simply create a new menu item for a property view (in fact I was surprised you couldn't do this!)

For reference I am using Joomla 3.1.x

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #37304 by Mr. Dam
Hi Tim,
I am a bit confuse with your idea, can you send the real urls to explain about the problem?
I will wait for your reply
Thanks
Dam

More
10 years 6 months ago #37320 by Tim
Hi

Sorry I should have been clearer. So using the property "107 Wells Road" as an example, when you click on it in search results the url is

msa.eighttwentydesign.com/search/107-wells-road

However when you click on it from a list of properties of a city the url is
msa.eighttwentydesign.com/different-list/107-wells-road

Is there a way to get it to use just one URL for one Property (linking in and sharing of pages would be simplified), so you who ever you find the property you end up on the same URL. It would also be good for SEO. I noticed that on the demo version you have on your server that if not matter how you get to the property, through search or lists you always end up at the same page...

I also want to add modules to property pages. Obviously in Joomla to do this you need to by selecting menu items for the property to appear on. Is there a method to add a single property layout to a menu in the same way you can list properties, bring up search or show agent lists?

More
10 years 6 months ago #37329 by Mr. Dam
Hi Tim,
You can try to create the menu to layout "Property listing layout", i think the issue will be solved.
Thanks
Dam

More
10 years 6 months ago #37330 by Tim
Hi Dang Thuc Dam

Thansk for your response. That is what I have created here: msa.eighttwentydesign.com/2013-10-11-13-14-07/bath

However that is a list of properties, I want to add a single property to the menu. So click on the menu would display all of the details for that property - as it does when you click on the "Details" link on the page above.

More
10 years 6 months ago #37331 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
If you want to have the direct link to property. You need to use External url because OS Property doesn't have the layout to single property.
Thanks
Dam

More
10 years 6 months ago #37332 by Tim
Hi

Ok. How can you get modules to apply on a property page - I figured there must be a method somehow...

Tim

More
10 years 6 months ago #37334 by Mr. Dam
Hi Tim,
Can you explain more details your question?
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan