OS Property support center

Custom Features

• Michael Hall
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #37874 by Michael Hall
Custom Features was created by Michael Hall
Firstly can I tell you how glad I am that one of my staff found your OS Property system for Joomla 2.5, it is EXCELLENT!!!

We have just launched a brand new Property Magazine with a print run of around 20,000 copies per month.

We are hoping to get our local Agents using the OS Property system to its full potential in the coming months to enhance our printed product and this brings me to why I'm emailing you.

I would like to take it a step further than that if possible. Take a look at our flipping book at www.mrep.com.au , to see an online version of the printed magazine so you can see what I'm talking about.

What I want to do basically is retrieve the information the Agents upload and populate a specific template and then download a press quality PDF to put into the Magazine Master ready to go to print.

Now we can do this process manually with your system of course, but I would like to find a way of making it a more automated process which we can leave in the hands of the Agents. We also need images to be converted to 300DPI for print.

Here is the process and what we would like to achieve.

1. Agents upload their own properties, text & images into the web site. (Function already there)

2. Agents select certain properties from their listings that they wish to advertise in the printed magazine, it could be all, or it might only be a few of the total properties they are listing at the time.

Agents have multiple print templates and depending on the vendors instructions they may wish to use 1 property to a page or up to 8 properties on a page.

We only run half and full pages in the magazine, but even a half page could have 4 properties.

We will create all templates for the agents and then they would need to be uploaded as a catalogue so the agents can select from to make a page for the magazine and add their selected properties to it themselves.

So rather than my design team adding the text & images to the templates in InDesign, we want the Agents to enter the text, upload the images and place them on the page or pages they wish to have in the printed magazine and we simply download the PDF when they are done and put into our Master Layout to produce the final magazine.

3. We need the Agents to proof a low res PDF out of the system and tick it approved or reject it if they need to make changes.

4. The system should send a notification to us that a Page has been approved and allow us to download the PDF.

I know there are other systems on the market that do what I'm after, but I really love the functionality of your OS Property System that much, I thought I would ask to see if we can tweak it a little bit more for our specific purposes.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #37900 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Custom Features
Hi Michael Hall,
Thank you very much for your interested in my product.
Regarding to your suggestion about pdf export. To be honest, in current version OS Property has feature to export properties into pdf file. But the problem is we can't make the nice layout of properties in pdf with php coding. I have tried several solution for that function but no luck. You can try to export one property to pdf, you will see it. So it' difficult to export more than one properties in one pdf page.
Have you got any php tool that allow us to generate the nice pdf layout? Please remember, each property has a lot information.
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan