OS Property support center

Can XML or CSV be used to bulk import properties from none OS Property websites?

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #108574 by MelanieB
Hi,

nearly all the property portals now have the ability to bulk upload using XML. I can see in OS Property there is an XML import. Is this the same thing? I have gone through the documentation, but I am not sure if this can only be used for importing from other OS Property sites, or if it can work with other estate agency sites too. Somewhere in the process the 3rd party site needs to be able to match its own property fields to those in OS Property so it knows what needs to be imported and where. How does that work?

There are lots of companies offering bulk submissions using XML (or REAXML) and they are adding new property sites and portals all the time. Is it possible to do this in OS Property? It is just that if someone has over 500 properties they wouldn't bother adding them all manually - nor would the site owner want to be doing the bulk imports on their behalf.

How does XML import work?

Is csv import the better way to bulk import from another site (if they can export their properties out of their system?).

Sorry for all the questions I am just trying to understand the process and how I can use it in my system as need to find a way to bulk add properties from a none Os Property site.

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated..

Kind regards

Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #108697 by Gordon Lawson
I'd be interested in knowing about this too!

More
6 years 3 months ago #108724 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
As i answered you through Ticket system, OS Property has XML Import tool, but the XML file should be accepted by OS Property. OS Property also has add-on to import properties from XML of Kyero system.
Thanks
Dam

• Nicholas Johnson
More
6 years 2 months ago #109006 by Nicholas Johnson
I have an updated version of the Kyero importer which also has an export system as well.

This was a site with my i,prt/export system can import from one site and import to another all set up using a cron job to make it automatic.

The system also has multiple exports using various criterion to create different emportes depending on what you want.

Imports are automated through the cron of your hosting and also update properties or mark as sold or add depending on the import.

Maybe Dam would like to take this on and keep it up to date with the latest versions of his software?

I also have a nice responsive search module and a nice printing add on which can let you print a4/a3 in portrait or landscape.

Dam are you interested in these?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MelanieB

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #110048 by MelanieB
Hi Nicholas,

does your tool (updated version of the Kyro importer) allow you to import xml files from other sources? Is it possible to see it working anywhere? I have a similar need (waiting to hear back from Dam but think they are quite busy) so just wondering if your solution would work for me.

Kind regards

Mel

• Nicholas Johnson
More
6 years 1 month ago #110106 by Nicholas Johnson
Hi
Currently this only works with Kyero validated v2 and v3 feeds.
If you would like me to take a look at a bespoke solution please email me with a copy of the feed to mark@gohost4u.com

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #110162 by MelanieB
Hi Nicholas,
thanks for responding.
I only need the cron bit to import xml files into my OS Property. Dam has said he can do this so just waiting for his response via ticket system. I am looking to use XML2U ( www.xml2u.com/en/home.aspx ) as they format the feed from the source on behalf of their customers and make it compatible in my case with OS Property, so basically I am waiting on a cron to import the files from a folder on my server into OS Property.

Is that how yours works?

• Nicholas Johnson
More
6 years 1 month ago #110164 by Nicholas Johnson
Our system does import xml and export xml.

Import manually or by cron
Export by cron

Export different xml feeds based on ref prefix or other criteria.
Import many xmls from many agents.
Import will add/change to sold/update as required

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #115839 by DThx
Hi,
I'm interested too by system wich import xml and export xml. with cron...
Regards
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by DThx.

• Nicholas Johnson
More
5 years 8 months ago #115841 by Nicholas Johnson
Please email me at GoHost4U mark@gohost4u.com

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan