User info not appearing on login

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #72643 by Alex
User info not appearing on login was created by Alex
I discovered that if a Joomla user is added in the back end by admin, the extra info like address, city, etc does not appear on the login page of OS Booking Service.

The address info, etc appears okay on login if the user set up their own account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #72655 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic User info not appearing on login
Hi Alex,
At Back-end > OS Services Booking > Configuration > Tab: Booking Configuration, there is the field Called: Integrate with Joomla User Profile
When this field is turned on, and the plugin Joomla User profile is turned on also, if one user entered his (her) profile on Joomla User component, these profile data will be filled into OS Services Booking check out form.
But please remember it will only be filled at the first time the user go to Checkout form, because when user submit the checkout form, user profile will be updated into OS Services Booking profile database, and these value won't be effected by Joomla user profile anymore.
So we have this case:
1. User go to Checkout form, leave some fields empty and submit
2. User go to Joomla user profile, fill profile information
3. User come back to Checkout form, and see the profile fields aren't auto filled as default.
This isn't bug of OS Services Booking, the reason (as we explained above) because in step 1, OS Services Booking already store user profile in component, and this profile can't be overwritten by Joomla user profile anymore.
I hope my explanation is clear to you.
Thanks
Dam

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #72670 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic User info not appearing on login
Hi Dam,

Thanks for your reply.

In a situation where the user does not fill in the information when registering as a joomla user (since its optional), but then decides to complete the information during checkout process, I discovered that the updated information in the booking form DOES end up getting stored back in the joomla user account.

I can see a common situation where the user updates their user profile down the road (Edit profile menu), but then it would not show up in the booking checkout form or the old data appears instead. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the ability to have the update appear no matter where the info was input? Seems confusing for the user since they would wonder why the outdated data appears when booking.

I've seen other extensions using a mapping technique to connect the two tables together so an update in one would update the other.

It would actually be great to integrate something like Community Builder and have them worry about registration and user proifiles along with custom field items related to a profile.

Thanks,
Alex

Moderators: Mr. Dam