Worldpay payment tweak

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #96248 by Robyn Roberts
Worldpay payment tweak was created by Robyn Roberts
I've created a workaround for using Worldpay as a payment provider by essentially bypassing the services booking confirmation pages and using a custom Worldpay resultY.html instead however, during the payment process services booking uses a 303 redirect in it's payment response (I believe in an effort to return to it's own confirmation pages)

This has worked in the short term but because WorldPay is receiving a "payment response failure" (due to the 303 error) it is stopping working after 200 transactions

Is there a way to strip the code so that the payment response only passes enough data to mark the payment as complete and send notification emails but not attempt to redirect back to the website confirmation page? (And not trigger a 303 redirect)

From what I have read it's possible that this is how events booking handles payment using Worldpay?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Robyn Roberts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #96261 by Robyn Roberts
Replied by Robyn Roberts on topic Worldpay payment tweak
This is the error I'm receiving from Worldpay

Error reported: Callback to YOUR DOMAIN HERE/index.php?task=defaul_paymentconfirm&payment_method=os_worldpay&option=com_osservicesbooking: NOT OK, recevied HTTP status: 303

Without this being fixed I can't see that OS Services Booking can be advertised as Working with WorldPay as all users will receive a "payment response suspension" after 200 transactions have been processed

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #96273 by Robyn Roberts
I'm told that...

The 303 response code you're seeing is being generated by your script, as it is setting the "Location" header and trying to trigger a redirect

Is there a way to get around this?

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #96287 by Robyn Roberts
It seems that as the payment response needs to return to a static URL rather than use a dynamic? I figure that the dynamic URL is POST-ed to include the transaction ID so the response can update the database / mark the payment as complete and redirect to a confirmation page.

However as the redirect to a confirmation page can't work due to the limitations of WorldPay i have created a resultsY.html which uses a meta refresh to send customers back to a generic page on the website.

With this in mind do I need a dynamic URL for the payment response? Would the payment response still mark the payment as complete / send notification emails without the need to show the customer details in a confirmation page?

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #96306 by Robyn Roberts
PLEASE HELP! I've sent a support ticket but haven't received a response despite admin activity on the forum.

My clients WorldPay account has been suspended as a result of an issue with OS Services Booking
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Robyn Roberts.

More
7 years 1 day ago #97647 by Leo Baker
Replied by Leo Baker on topic Worldpay payment tweak
Same issues here with Event Booking and Worldpay, get 303 error on the callback after it goes to Worldpay? Did you find a work around?

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 17 hours ago #97713 by Robyn Roberts
Nope! I've tried to work through the problem with Dam but couldn't find a solution? He concluded that it was probably a problem with my install but if you're having the same problem it seems that might not be the case?!

It's possible the extensions might no longer support WorldPay?

You should raise a support ticket to bring it to admin attention and hopefully that will motivate them to find a solution?

Let me know how you get on!! Good luck!!

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 17 hours ago #97714 by Robyn Roberts
My best guess is that there needs to be a dynamic response using WorldPays MC_Callback parameter

More
7 years 16 hours ago #97716 by Leo Baker
Replied by Leo Baker on topic Worldpay payment tweak
I have created a ticket with Tuan and he is looking into it. It seems from doing a Google search many people using other shopping carts are having issued with the callback with Worldpay.
Based on all the other struggles I am reading if Tuan can't find a fix, I am looking to use Stripe as seems to be flexible and has a Event Booking Plugin so I would like to test that one.

What were you using for your callback url in Worldpay?

Leo

• Robyn Roberts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 hours ago #97733 by Robyn Roberts
The callback URL (which you put into your WorldPay settings as the 'payment response url') is an absolute path (something like http://your domain/com_osservices.... it's different for event booking but follows the same principal)

My best guess is that when the URL is sent from the component it includes the cartID (which is different every time) and so because the callback URL doesn't match the static one held by WorldPay when it tries to return it causes an error?

To overcome this WorldPay suggest just using MC_callback as the payment response URL and then integrating this into the component (WorldPay publish an integration guide that covers this)

I mentioned all of this to Dam and asked him to look at the guide but he never gave me any indication that he did?

Moderators: Mr. Dam