Language switching not working

• Martin-238
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 10 hours ago - 4 months 10 hours ago #163095 by Martin-238
Language switching not working was created by Martin-238
I am on Joomla 4.3.4 with PHP 8.1.26 in conjunction with a Maria-DB MySQLi 10.11.4-MariaDB-1:10.11.4 - Joomla-Caching = off completely

I just have bought the license for OS Services Booking and this are my first steps with this extension:
I want to use the German language and using the menu item "Translations" I have selected de-DE instead of en-GB. I could see the success in the fields of the translation table beyond. They were in German now. But the Language in the frontend showed a bad German translation (see screenshot attached)
When I went back to the menu item "translations" and controlled the setting "German", it was back to en-GB. It did a reset by itself! But more astonish: The language in the table beyond stayed to be German. I tried once again, choosing "language override". But I got the same result, as described before. It did reset itself to en-GB.

After that, I found many expressions to have a bad translation. So I decided, to translate the language files.
It is strange, that the English file and the German file have different length: The German ends at line 467 the English at line 631.
Then I translated the English language file to German and replaced the regular German language file in the folder .../language/de-DE. But when I tried to switch language to German like I described above, the German translation did not show up in the fields of the table below. It seemed, that no changes are accepted there!

Then I copied my German language file to the ../language/overrides folder and then did select Language = override. – Same problem as before. No changes in result.
It will keep the bad original German language from the first change, I made in the language selector

What should I do to get it work correctly?
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 months 10 hours ago by Martin-238. Reason: Joomla Data added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 14 hours ago #163099 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Language switching not working
Hi Martin,
Could you please submit ticket on category: OS Services Booking and provide your site credentials. We will check and help you to solve the issue with language files
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam