• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164255 by Wynand Louw
ICS generator function version 2.22.1 was created by Wynand Louw
Hello Dam

After updating the version to 2.22.1 the same issue reared its head again where the ICS appointment sent to the staff member adds the appointment to the date and time that the client made the booking on the website and not the actual time of the booking when the meeting must take place. Same as in the 2.20.0 version.
ICS generator function version 2.20.0 - Joom Donation - Joomla Extensions by Joomdonation

This is extremely frustrating for the staff.

Can it please be fixed again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #164256 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic ICS generator function version 2.22.1
Hi Wynand,
Could you please explain the issue more details? If you can send some screenshots to explain the issue, it will be easier for me to debug the problem.
Thanks
Dam
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Mr. Dam.

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164383 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic ICS generator function version 2.22.1
Hello Dam

When a client makes a booking for a service, an email of the booking is sent to:
  1. The admin
  2. The Client
  3. The Employee
The booking notification has an ICS file attached for adding it to your Outlook calendar. When the ICS file is opened it adds the booking to the date and timeslot of the booking. That is the expected behaviour for the above three recipients. However the following happens when the file is opened in Outlook:
  1. The Admin: The booking is added to the Outlook calendar on the correct date and timeslot of the event
  2. The Client: Not sure if this is added correctly to the client's outlook. It seems to be OK on the test.
  3. The Employee: The booking for the employee's Outlook is added to the employee's Outlook on the day and time the client made the booking and not on the actual time book.
For example, the client made a booking today Monday 12 February 2024 @17:09 for an appointment on Wednesday 14 February 2024 at 09:00. The following happens when the file is opened in Outlook:
  1. The Admin: The date and time in Outlook are booked as Wednesday 14 February 2024 at 09:00
  2. The Client: The date and time in Outlook are booked as Wednesday 14 February 2024 at 09:00
  3. The Employee: The date and time in Outlook are booked as Monday 12 February 2024 @17:09 the date when the booking was created not the booking date of Wednesday 14 February 2024 at 09:00
This was an issue before, and you fixed the issue on my admin, but after the latest update the issue as described above is back.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164490 by Mr. Dam
Hi Wynand,
Please submit ticket and send your site credentials. I will check the issue for you.
Thanks
Dam

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 1 week ago #164500 by Wynand Louw
Dam you checked it the previous time and fixed it, then after the update it is broken again.

Just let me know what I must fix so if the next update comes out and it is broken again I can fix it on my side.

More
2 months 1 week ago #164502 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I found an issue with ICS generator functions for employees. And i already fixed it our local server. That's the reason i asked you for your site credentials
Thanks
Dam

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #164509 by Ernie
Replied by Ernie on topic ICS generator function version 2.22.1
This may have been introduced when the new field was added for ICS Content. I used the ICS Content field to contain a Zoom link in a new event today and, in addition to the problem Wynand is describing, I got an error when I clicked Process Registration:

0 Call to undefined function get()Call Stack#FunctionLocation1()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php:3352EventbookingHelper::generateIcs()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/mail.php:24113EventbookingHelperMail::addRegistrationIcs()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/mail.php:3044EventbookingHelperMail::sendRegistrationEmailToRegistrant()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php:8385EventbookingHelper::callOverridableHelperMethod()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/mail.php:1686EventbookingHelperMail::sendEmails()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php:8387EventbookingHelper::callOverridableHelperMethod()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/model/register.php:9398EventbookingModelRegister->completeNonePaymentRegistration()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/model/register.php:2509EventbookingModelRegister->processIndividualRegistration()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/controller/register.php:34410EventbookingControllerRegister->process_individual_registration()JROOT/administrator/components/com_eventbooking/libraries/rad/controller/controller.php:28511RADController->execute()JROOT/components/com_eventbooking/eventbooking.php:4012require_once()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:7113Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:7314Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:36115Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:21816Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:26117Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:30618Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()JROOT/includes/app.php:5819require_once()JROOT/index.php:32

When I remove the contents of the ICS Content field, the registration completes successfully.

Unfortunately, I am leaving on a trip tonight and will have limited availability until next Thursday. For now, I will remove the contents of ICS Content so that the client can register events.

Thank you,
Ernie

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Ernie.

More
2 months 1 week ago #164510 by Mr. Dam
Hi Ernie,
Your ICS problem comes from Events Booking extension. Please creating new topic in Events Booking Category and Tuan will reply you.
Thanks
Dam

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 1 week ago #164576 by Wynand Louw
Thanks, Dam

Must I download and install it again or create a ticket?

Moderators: Mr. Dam