Questions about Payment Form extension

Captcha (or ReCaptcha) for Payment Form too

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #10527 by azurelink
Hello Tuan,

Is it possible to add a captcha feature to the Payment Form? I know you added it to Joom Donation.

Thanks,
azurelink

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #10536 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Captcha (or ReCaptcha) for Payment Form too
This is a planned feature and I will add it to next release of the extension (in one or two weeks) .

Regards,

Tuan

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #10546 by azurelink
Replied by azurelink on topic Re: Captcha (or ReCaptcha) for Payment Form too
Thanks for your reply Tuan,

I'm actually in need of a solution for the time being. And I'm more interested in using reCAPTCHA — you didn't specify what your plans involved. So if you could please help me with some direction I would appreciate it.

I've figured out that I can display the ReCAPTCHA text character field on my confirmation form by placing the code quoted below at about line 211 on the confirmation form (/components/com_pmformviews/confirmation/tmpl/default.php):
Code:
<tr> <td class="title_cell">Enter anti-spam text:</td> <td class="field_cell"> <?php require_once('includes/recaptcha/recaptchalib.php'); $publickey = "your_public_key"; // you got this from the signup page echo recaptcha_get_html($publickey); ?> </td> </tr>

I've placed the reCAPTCHA library file (recaptchalib.php) on the server.

Where do I place the following server side code?:
Code:
<?php require_once('path_to_file/recaptchalib.php'); $privatekey = "your_private_key"; $resp = recaptcha_check_answer ($privatekey, $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"], $_POST["recaptcha_challenge_field"], $_POST["recaptcha_response_field"]); if (!$resp->is_valid) { // What happens when the CAPTCHA was entered incorrectly die ("The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again." . "(reCAPTCHA said: " . $resp->error . ")"); } else { // Your code here to handle a successful verification } ?>

It says to put it at the top of the form processing script, which in the confirmation form is a little more complicated than I can figure out.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Azurelink
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by azurelink.

More
12 years 9 months ago #10547 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Captcha (or ReCaptcha) for Payment Form too
Hi

You can add the code to components/com_pmform/controller.php file, in the function process_payment . Have a look at that function and add the code to !

Regards,

Tuan

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #10549 by azurelink
Replied by azurelink on topic Re: Captcha (or ReCaptcha) for Payment Form too
Hi Tuan,

Cool! Thanks.

So where in the function should I put it? I don't want to break it.
Right on the line below the opening curly bracket like the below?
Code:
function process_payment() { require_once('path_to_file/recaptchalib.php'); $privatekey = "your_private_key"; $resp = recaptcha_check_answer ($privatekey, $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"], $_POST["recaptcha_challenge_field"], $_POST["recaptcha_response_field"]); if (!$resp->is_valid) { // What happens when the CAPTCHA was entered incorrectly die ("The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again." . "(reCAPTCHA said: " . $resp->error . ")"); } else { JRequest::checkToken() or jexit( 'Invalid Token' ); $post = JRequest::get('post', JREQUEST_ALLOWHTML) ; $model = & $this->getModel('Payment') ; $model->processPayment($post) ; }

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc