Questions about Payment Form extension

Is this the extension I'm looking for?

• Daryl Rose
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18660 by Daryl Rose
Is this the extension I'm looking for? was created by Daryl Rose
I belong to a non-profit organization. This organization wants their members to have the ability to signup or renew their membership online. I've been looking for a Joomla extension that will allow their members the ability to enter in their personal information, credit card information, and then submit it to the credit card processing company. Payment Form looks like the extension that I'm looking for but I can't demo it because the demo button the the page takes me right back to the home page.

I wish someone would fix the demo page so I can at least take a look at the payment form and verify that it'll work as I would like it to.

Thanks.

Daryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18661 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Is this the extension I'm looking for?
Hi Daryl

I just looked at the demo site paymentform.joomdonation.org , checked it and It works OK . On what page you are trying the demo ?

Tuan

• Daryl Rose
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18665 by Daryl Rose
Replied by Daryl Rose on topic Re: Is this the extension I'm looking for?
Tuan,

I tried the link that you posted, and I get "server not found".

Prior to that, I was trying the demo button on the home page. The only thing that gave me was, the home page.

Thank you.

Daryl Rose
Attachments:

• Daryl Rose
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18666 by Daryl Rose
I just noticed a comma at the end of your link . Took the comma out and I can now get to the demo via the link that you provided, but I still can not get to it via the demo button on the home page.

Thanks.

Daryl

• Daryl Rose
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18667 by Daryl Rose
Okay, I looked at the demo and this looks like what I'm looking for, but I have some follow up questions.

What happens to the personal and credit card information that is entered? Does that get retained in a database? How will someone know that someone signed up for membership to or organization? Is an email sent out?

One thing that I don't want is to retain the credit card information. I don't want to be responsible for that type of information. The personal information we'll have to retain, but I don't want to capture the CC info and store it.

Thanks.

Daryl

More
11 years 8 months ago #18712 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Is this the extension I'm looking for?

What happens to the personal and credit card information that is entered? Does that get retained in a database? How will someone know that someone signed up for membership to or organization? Is an email sent out?

=> The extension doesn't store credit card information. When someone sign up for membership, the extension will send notification to administrator. Also, the sign up record (containing member information) will be viewable from back-end of the extension .

However, for your purpose, I believe you should use our Membership Pro extension, not Payment Form. Please see www.joomdonation.com/components/membership-pro.html for description of the extension. I think it meets your need perfectly.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc