Questions about Payment Form extension

upload

• Vetpar Inc
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #19267 by Vetpar Inc
upload was created by Vetpar Inc
How do i get the upload field to work and where are the files saved to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #19277 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: upload
Hi

You just need to create custom field type Field Upload. When users go to the form, process payment, upload file, the file will be saved in the folder which you specify in File Upload Path config option (by default, it is images/com_pmform folder). However, you don't need to access to that folder to get the uploaded file. Simply go to Payment Form -> Payments, click on a payment record to edit and you will be able to download the uploaded file.

Tuan

• Vetpar Inc
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #19290 by Vetpar Inc
Replied by Vetpar Inc on topic Re: upload
is there anyway to get this file to upload without a user account, my client does not want to have to force a user registration first.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19354 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: upload
Hi

Unfortunately, the uploaded files can only be accessible by administrator from back-end. Front-end user (including the payer) could not access to these files.

Tuan

• Vetpar Inc
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #19365 by Vetpar Inc
Replied by Vetpar Inc on topic Re: upload
That's not what I'm requesting. Not sure it is for you to code, I believe it is more the joomla framework limitation by design. My client wants the ability for purchasers to upload an image file without becoming a registered user on the site. This is more a security risk, and therefore likely not available within the joomla framework. I've put in a workaround so that on the Thank You page I provide a link to an email where the purchaser can attach the image file.

thank you,
consider this issue closed and my client will just have to live with what I can provide.

If anyone reading this post has a workaround or a way to create a user account with the payment form on the return Thank You page and automatically log them in, we could provide a second form that is used for the upload process. It would be seemless to the end user that they were actually logged in. (I'm dealing with an older crowd and somewhat technically challenged)

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc