Questions about Payment Form extension

AMOUNT FIELD and CUSTOM FIELD + Checkboxes

• desantech
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #19535 by desantech
Hello. I bought 2 days before 2 of your extensions, because I red a lot of good things about them. Now I am struggeling.
My Idea was to set up an easy order form (payment form).
I have a product: The price is lets say 28 euro. I just want to add quantity to it, and when I place 1pc as order and proceed to next screen, the text should say "The amount you have to pay is €28.00". But its not like that, its saying: The amount you have to pay is $56.00 (including $28.00).

I followed everything as you wrote, but when I set the form amount to 28 euro (in forms management), and a customfield marked as fee quantity with formula [FORM_AMOUNT]*[FIELD_VALUE] it doesnt calculate as it should (it does like I wrote), he takes 28+28 but I place only 1 pc in order. Strange.

The second thing I want to have checkboxes. You sure have them, but I cant get them to work as normally I would like them to:

Its very simple: I want lets say to send them via Post, and the customer should have the oppurtunity the have the free choice to select fast delivery, klimaneutral package, secured package. But the fee is lets say 5 euro per product for teh first checkbox. So in endeffect with 2 products you have 10 euro + 56, for the first checkbox. 2nd checkbox would be 1 euro per package, and for third checkbox 20 euro per package. so if you check all three and orders 2 products, you should have: 2(28+5+1+20)=108.

many Thanks for helping me out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 7 months ago #19549 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: AMOUNT FIELD and CUSTOM FIELD + Checkboxes
Hi

Hello. I bought 2 days before 2 of your extensions, because I red a lot of good things about them. Now I am struggeling.
My Idea was to set up an easy order form (payment form).
I have a product: The price is lets say 28 euro. I just want to add quantity to it, and when I place 1pc as order and proceed to next screen, the text should say "The amount you have to pay is €28.00". But its not like that, its saying: The amount you have to pay is $56.00 (including $28.00).

I followed everything as you wrote, but when I set the form amount to 28 euro (in forms management), and a customfield marked as fee quantity with formula [FORM_AMOUNT]*[FIELD_VALUE] it doesnt calculate as it should (it does like I wrote), he takes 28+28 but I place only 1 pc in order. Strange.

=> You can simply set the form amount to 0 in this case. And change the formular to 28*[FIELD_VALUE]. After that, the amount will be properly calculated. It seems you also want to remove the text including $28 and that's possible, too. Just go to Payment Form -> Translation, find the text and remove it.

Its very simple: I want lets say to send them via Post, and the customer should have the oppurtunity the have the free choice to select fast delivery, klimaneutral package, secured package. But the fee is lets say 5 euro per product for teh first checkbox. So in endeffect with 2 products you have 10 euro + 56, for the first checkbox. 2nd checkbox would be 1 euro per package, and for third checkbox 20 euro per package. so if you check all three and orders 2 products, you should have: 2(28+5+1+20)=108.

=> Could you please send me the link to the form so that I can understand it better ? Also, could you make a screenshot of the edit screen of this custom field so that I can understand how you setup it and help you to correct it ?

It is very late here now, so I will go to bed and will reply you on tomorrow when I receive your response !

Tuan

More
11 years 5 months ago #22201 by Teresa Herbert
Replied by Teresa Herbert on topic Re: AMOUNT FIELD and CUSTOM FIELD + Checkboxes
I have a requirement virtually identical to this one. I am selling one product - need to be able to select quantity and shipping method. I have got the shipping method to work. I cannot get the qty to work. I have tried the method you suggested below but it did not work. I am stumped, help please. Formula is

[FORM_AMOUNT]*[PF_QTY_VALUE]

it is a Textbox, required, with Fee Field selected as Yes and validation set to Number

thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 5 months ago #22205 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: AMOUNT FIELD and CUSTOM FIELD + Checkboxes
Hi

PF_QTY_VALUE is the name of custom field of PF_QTY is the name of custom field ?

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 5 months ago #22206 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Maybe you can simply use [FIELD_VALUE]*[FORM_AMOUNT]

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc